Thread: Looking for various xcub data

Default Looking for various xcub data

Hi Guys. I've been working on improving the flight characteristics of the XCub in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. I've got it to a pretty good point performance wise but am always wanting to get the details closer to reality. I don't have access to the cc19 POH so have to often have to refer to the cc18 POH instead and kind of interpolate performance. I was wondering if one of you kind folks might be able to provide me with a few pages to help make the XCub even better for those of us who live the dream vicariously through flight simulation. I am a former airline pilot that is adament about getting the closest one can to the real thing. If you by chance have things like cruise performance charts or other limitations and typical operating stats I would love to hear from you. Hope you're all weathering the pandemic with good health.

Kind regards,
    David

Default Re: Looking for various xcub data

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguide View Post
    Hi Guys. I've been working on improving the flight characteristics of the XCub in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. I've got it to a pretty good point performance wise but am always wanting to get the details closer to reality. I don't have access to the cc19 POH so have to often have to refer to the cc18 POH instead and kind of interpolate performance. I was wondering if one of you kind folks might be able to provide me with a few pages to help make the XCub even better for those of us who live the dream vicariously through flight simulation. I am a former airline pilot that is adament about getting the closest one can to the real thing. If you by chance have things like cruise performance charts or other limitations and typical operating stats I would love to hear from you. Hope you're all weathering the pandemic with good health.

Kind regards,
    David

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic support. We are doing well and, as you might imagine, ever since the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 we have received MANY data requests from avid e-flyers.

Please let me start by letting you know that the Microsoft software development team was fantastic to work with. They took great measures to bring accuracy to the experience. They visited with us multiple times, recorded video and actual engine sound, flew with us, and reviewed data. We were proud to work together to assist them on a great product. Their team reviewed and referenced POH data and did their magic to merge their simulation algorithms to the XCub, so that performance and limitations were appropriate.

Regarding your thirst for being as close as possible to reality it is important to note that when POH performance charts and related procedures are developed, the aircraft is tested to closely adhere to FAA requirements. So, charts are typically at full gross weight and have various corrections and other factors incorporated. We are not able to openly release AFM/POH data per our agreements with Microsoft, but please know they did reference it.

Perhaps you have seen our nosewheel NXCub perform about a 14 foot takeoff? The POH will not help with charts that capture that actual takeoff, but the aircraft clearly was able to perform as you see, with a capable 200 lb pilot, about 2/3rd full fuel load, and the weather conditions of that day. Maybe you can replicate something similar on the sim?

Thank you for your support!

Pat

Last edited by Pat Horgan; 10-14-2020 at 05:29 PM.
    Patrick Horgan
    President
    CubCrafters | Yakima WA

Default Re: Looking for various xcub data

I appreciate the response. The XCub is a beautiful machine. So many of us were thrilled to see its inclusion in MSFS 2020. There is a massive audience that gets to now use your product first hand and I want them to feel the thrill of flying this engineering work of art. There were unfortunately issues with engine and prop performance by default in the sim that I'm hopeful Asobo/Microsoft with patch in later releases. Our group has been working diligently to have it fly closer to its advertised performance numbers with different loads and configurations in mind. So far the community has been really thrilled with the outcome. We're just so passionate about this plane that we wanted to see it represented in the best way possible. Thank you again for the kind response and we will continue to fly the XCub with pride.
    Last edited by pilotguide; 10-15-2020 at 07:34 AM.