Thread: Newbie question - Forgive me

Default Newbie question - Forgive me

I have searched on the forum as well as other locations and haven't found an answer to this specific question. I am not currently a pilot but am planning to start flight training shortly. I am considering using one of the online ground school options and am leaning toward Sporty's. Do any of you have any experience with their program, or any of the others? Any wisdom you can give me on this process is much appreciated.

This is where the newbie part comes in. I assumed it would benefit me to purchase all of the items I need as their "learn to fly kit." https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/sp...it-online.html
    Do I need all of these items, or would you recommend just purchasing the training course and purchasing the other items as needed?

Thank you

Rees

Default Re: Newbie question - Forgive me

Hi, Rees;

Sporty's has some really good courses. I have several customers who used them, and they were very satisfied, although sometimes difficult to talk to a "real person" if you have a problem.

In addition I would check out Gleim. They are located in Gainesville, FL and the owner, Irv Gleim is a big fan of taildraggers and Cubs. https://www.gleimaviation.com/pilot-.../private-pilot is the link for them. As to purchasing a "package", I think as you move through the course, your thoughts about the options and accessories will change. I think you buy those as you progress.
    Chip Allen
    SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA
    www.swtaviation.com

Default Re: Newbie question - Forgive me

Thanks Chip,
    I will look at them as well. As for the accessories, I appreciate the advice. I had no clue what would be needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by chipallen View Post
    Hi, Rees;

Sporty's has some really good courses. I have several customers who used them, and they were very satisfied, although sometimes difficult to talk to a "real person" if you have a problem.

In addition I would check out Gleim. They are located in Gainesville, FL and the owner, Irv Gleim is a big fan of taildraggers and Cubs. https://www.gleimaviation.com/pilot-.../private-pilot is the link for them. As to purchasing a "package", I think as you move through the course, your thoughts about the options and accessories will change. I think you buy those as you progress.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk