Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mark builds "Yankee One" in Saratoga, NY. Are You Ready For This?

Default Looks like a good start Mark.

Hello Mark from Chattanooga, TN! I'm getting my shop back in "airplane shape" for my EX-3 build also. So glad you are getting to do this. It's a great experience and the thrill of taking off in the airplane you built and that you know every detail about cannot be described. You just have to experience it. My kit arrives end of December so we should not be too far apart. We will share a lot I hope. You might consider using the empty crate as a workbench/storage area like Mr Hank Kemmer did in Crossville, TN. He built a bench the full length of the crate, installed overhead lights and it was the most beautiful sight you could imagine for a gigantic wooden crate that was headed for the scrap. See you in the sky soon!!

Steve Michael

Steve@SWTAviation.com

Default Re: Mark builds "Yankee One" in Saratoga, NY. Are You Ready For This?

Mark,
    Nice afternoon yesterday! Thanks for spending time with Judy and I showing us your "Yankee One" project. Great to have NY Glenn there with us all for lunch as well.
    Good Luck!

Glenn 40M

Quote Originally Posted by PropWash_ID View Post
    That's awesome! I hope to be not to far behind you. So what exactly is in the crate you received? I assume the wing, fuselage, and finishing kits? What "sub-kit" does the fabric to cover the wings and fuselage come in? Thx
    PropwashJD. I have the complete cover kit less paints as I need to figure the scheme out yet. Aside from that, I have everything except 2 main wheels and my engine. Everything else is here and accounted for
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    Mark,
    Nice afternoon yesterday! Thanks for spending time with Judy and I showing us your "Yankee One" project. Great to have NY Glenn there with us all for lunch as well.
    Good Luck!

Glenn 40M
    Nice to have all of you. I’ll check in and please post some pics of VT1 when you can. Thank you
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Keneston View Post
    Nice to have all of you. I’ll check in and please post some pics of VT1 when you can. Thank you
    VT1
    Wings, rudder and elevator are in fabric ready for paint. Hope to have fabric completed on fuselage this week. Decided to go with metal fuel lines all else by the book.

IMG_3568.jpg
    Wing Covering 10-24-18.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    Last edited by 40m; 12-03-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Shoot if I had known the cool kids were getting together on Sunday I would have hung around. But the weather hasnt cleared up here yet.
    We sure had a hoot with Glenn and Judy shooting the bull and his birds. Thanks for a wonderful weekend, made better by a 2 hour CarbonCub ride rather than 7 in the car. CarbonCubs, good friends, great times. Very blessed.

Well, except for rear seat heat in the CarbonCub. This project is heading to the top of the pile. The rear seater peppered me with questions all the way home, the question of the day was "how come this plane cost so much and has so little heat in the back" My response was Mr Keneston could help us with that, and put our names on a list for a FX 3 build, and she could come with me to Yakima and help build it, paying particular attention to rear seat heat. No response from the back.
    Jim
    • File Type: jpg g1.jpg (142.3 KB, 684 views)
    Last edited by Scouter; 12-04-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Shoot if I had known the cool kids were getting together on Sunday I would have hung around. But the weather hasnt cleared up here yet.
    We sure had a hoot with Glenn and Judy shooting the bull and his birds. Thanks for a wonderful weekend, made better by a 2 hour CarbonCub ride rather than 7 in the car. CarbonCubs, good friends, great times. Very blessed.

Well, except for rear seat heat in the CarbonCub. This project is heading to the top of the pile

Smile Re: Mark builds "Yankee One" in Saratoga, NY. Are You Ready For This?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouter View Post

g1.jpg

Well, except for rear seat heat in the CarbonCub. This project is heading to the top of the pile. The rear seater peppered me with questions all the way home, the question of the day was "how come this plane cost so much and has so little heat in the back" My response was Mr Keneston could help us with that, and put our names on a list for a FX 3 build, and she could come with me to Yakima and help build it, paying particular attention to rear seat heat. No response from the back.

Attachment 8913

Jim
    Perhaps she would be more willing if you would allow her to remodel the bathroom. You know it's called the "White Jeep Syndrome". You can thank Mark for the diagnosis!

Default Re: Looks like a good start Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaCC View Post
    Hello Mark from Chattanooga, TN! I'm getting my shop back in "airplane shape" for my EX-3 build also. So glad you are getting to do this. It's a great experience and the thrill of taking off in the airplane you built and that you know every detail about cannot be described. You just have to experience it. My kit arrives end of December so we should not be too far apart. We will share a lot I hope. You might consider using the empty crate as a workbench/storage area like Mr Hank Kemmer did in Crossville, TN. He built a bench the full length of the crate, installed overhead lights and it was the most beautiful sight you could imagine for a gigantic wooden crate that was headed for the scrap. See you in the sky soon!!

Steve Michael

Steve@SWTAviation.com
    Ooooo... I'll bet Steve can make Mark's life A LOT easier! Be nice to him Mark!

Mark,
    VT 1
    This week,
    IMG_0273.jpg

I showed you mine now show me yours!