Thread: Aircraft Registry Problem

Default Aircraft Registry Problem

The FAA Registry for my N number has no data in the Airworthiness Section. The A/W Date shows "None".

Not really a problem (I have original Airworthiness Certificate and Limitations) but for I could not reserve my $500 ADS-B Rebate online...gives me an error as the FAA database does not have my date of manufacture.

FSDO DAR in Spokane/Yakima issued the Airworthiness Cert in 2007 but somehow it never made it to FAA Database in Oklahoma City.

When I asked why FAA allowed N number registration without airworthiness incl, I was told that they issue N numbers in advance for experimental not knowing how long it will take for builder to complete. Sort of like getting a SSN for your yet unborn child!

Getting the info from the Airworthiness Cert onto the registry appears to be a big pain..the DAR I spoke to was unsure how to do it. He just said my local FSDO would probably write a letter to OKC..maybe a plane inspection required.

Cubcrafters nor AOPA's aerotek in OKC could help. 5 hours on phone and emails so far.

Lots of hoops to jump thru to get their $500.

One thing for sure..that original Airworthiness Cert in the plane is VERY valuable..as without info in the database, the cert is only doc proving plane is or ever was airworthy!!

Thinking this might be the time to go E-LSA.

Anyone else experience this?
    Last edited by stroutmail; 10-30-2018 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Add

Default Re: Aircraft Registry Problem

FAA Registration Dept referred me to local FSDO. Spoke to Maintenance Inspector there who spent several hours searching several of their databases and could find no reason for the Airworthiness info missing from Registration. (Not a problem but for you can't get the $500 ADS-B Rebate without Manufacture Date in the Registration.) His solution was to submit a new 8130-6 Application for US Airworthiness Certificate and then he would inspect my plane and if found to be airworthy would issue a new Airworthiness Cert and send papers to Oklahoma City Registration Dept. Unfortunately, I could not opt to convert to E-SLA at this time--would have to be a separate process. I guess the lesson here is to not complete the purchase if there is missing Airworthiness Info on the Registration. (I am disappointed that AOPA's Aero-Space Reports Inc staff who did a fine job on the Escrow and Ownership Transfer paperwork did not throw up a question mark.) But, it looks like this is just a very odd and uncommon problem---never would have been an issue if I had not wanted the $500 ADS-B Rebate--which BTW does not look so attractive given the many hours involved in this issue.
    Last edited by stroutmail; 11-01-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Default Re: Aircraft Registry Problem

I filed out a FAA Form 8130-6 applying for a "original/recurrent certification" to the FSDO. Inspector inspected my plane at KTHV and issued a new Light Sport S-LSA Special Airworthiness Certificate (Pink) with a new set of Limitations on 11/15/2018 and he sent paperwork to Oklahoma City FAA Registry. Updated info just showed up on the N Number Inquiry on 01/14/2019--about 60 days later.