Thread: Moosehead Lake Seaplane Fly in

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Moosehead Lake Seaplane Fly in

Its been a crazy busy Fall with many events and even a few big cross country trips. Here below is a few photos of the trip to the International Seaplane fly-in on Moosehead Lake in Greenville, ME with the XCub amphib in fact the first one certified on Wips. We had some weather during the day 1 getting there but after that we had a great day of site seeing and of course on show day all kinds of folks flocked to see the XCub.I highly recommend this trip if you have never been.Most everywhere we go on floats, you can get in on bush wheels too.Yes it is that cool!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Keneston; 10-11-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region

Default Re: Moosehead Lake Seaplane Fly in

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Keneston View Post
    Its been a crazy busy Fall with many events and even a few big cross country trips. Here below is a few photos of the trip to the International Seaplane fly-in on Moosehead Lake in Greenville, ME with the XCub amphib in fact the first one certified on Wips. We had some weather during the day 1 getting there but after that we had a great day of site seeing and of course on show day all kinds of folks flocked to see the XCub.I highly recommend this trip if you have never been.Most everywhere we go on floats, you can get in on bush wheels too.Yes it is that cool!

We we stay at a great place called Gray Ghost camps on the little moose river just 20 miles north on the west side of moosehead lake. Its in Rockwood, ME and we head to Maynard's Cottages for breakfast just across the river. It takes you back to a simpler time where you can imagine yourself as a logger or Maine bush pilot. There are many antiques and other cool things from the 20's and 30's. Another nice place to visit is The Birches. It's another camp compound with a restaurant from back in that time period.

Traveling north, we got to see the old steam engines from Lake Chamberlain. What an awesome historical site. Old steam engines brought in by Lombard tractors and horses in pieces in the dead of winter to help the logging effort. I can just imagine the scene and the man power required. This small island rail system all set up by a wealthy Canadian who wanted to move logs from one lake to another. What an incredible undertaking. After the history lesson, we flew south to Milinocket along the edge of Baxter State park and Mt. Katahdin. Many great things to do and see and a great reason to return for sure. Join us next year!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Keneston; 10-11-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region

Default Re: Moosehead Lake Seaplane Fly in

And some of us didn't woose out and went swimming at Kineo. Water is over 200' deep

Glenn