Thread: LSA GW increase!?!

Default LSA GW increase!?!

Sorry. Just realized I put this in the wrong part of the forum

Hey Guys

Does anyone know if there’s any chance Cubcrafters is going to consider or be able to offer us a gross weight increase above 1320 with the FAA anouncment that the limit is going up. It would be awesome if there was an opportunity at some sort of service bulletin or STC. It would mostly be just a little more piece of mind during a ramp check etc....

Kirk Murphy
    Sport Cub S2 HP
    Last edited by N7X; 10-08-2018 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Wrong forum section

Default Re: LSA GW increase!?!

Hi Kirk,
    the FAA announced that they will propose a rule change, not that they will actually change the rule. There are allot of steps in between a proposed rule change and an actual change to the rule, but it WILL be worth following!

Once and if it actually becomes a rule, Im sure CubCrafters will have worked out their response to it, and what moves they could offer. Whatever it might be, it will be keeping our current and future customers in mind.

Didnt see you up at the Prescott Wings out West last Saturday!?

Thx, Rick

Quote Originally Posted by N7X View Post
    Sorry. Just realized I put this in the wrong part of the forum

Hey Guys

Does anyone know if there’s any chance Cubcrafters is going to consider or be able to offer us a gross weight increase above 1320 with the FAA anouncment that the limit is going up. It would be awesome if there was an opportunity at some sort of service bulletin or STC. It would mostly be just a little more piece of mind during a ramp check etc....

Kirk Murphy
    Sport Cub S2 HP

Rick Bosshardt
    SunCountry Cubs
    CubCrafters Dealer for AZ/NM/UT/CO/southern WY
    www.suncountrycubs.com

Thanks for the reply Rick!

thats great news hopefully there’s some relief to us all on the 1320 GW. I was up there gave a bunch of rides to kids that week. Did you have a plane up there? I didn’t see anything but really didn’t look too hard. Look forward to meeting you one of these days. We fly a lot. Put 80 hours on the plane since we bought it in May. Sure I’ll run in to you before too long.
    Kirk

Kirk,
    I was there.... sorry we missed!

Are you aware of the AZ Pilots Association, and our many, many events over the nice winter months? If you haven't, join up; its well worth the $25! www.azpilots.org

There is an Events tab at the top, and you can see all the events.

Next up, and one of everyone's favorites each month on the third weekend of the month, is Grapevine! 88AZ. Not far from Prescott. Stop by Oct 20th! Ill be there....

Thx, Rick

Rick Bosshardt
    SunCountry Cubs
    www.suncountrycubs.com

Hey Rick

Yep. Signed up for three years AZ Pilots. Great organization. Hoping to see you guys at some events soon. I would really like to start hitting some more strips like Buzzards Rosst soon. We may be going down to Red Creek this week to hunt some quail if you’re interested.
    Kirk

Kirk
    lets get hooked up on email; whats your address? Or just send one to me at rick@suncountrycubs.com

Rick Bosshardt
    SunCountry Cubs
    www.suncountrycubs.com