Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metal fuel lines

Default Re: Metal fuel lines

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    I built my EX in 2010 and have not had any problems with the plastic lines. But I have had a few leaks at the fittings. I would not recommend using the superglue suggestion in the manual on the fitting threads. The fitting will explode if you try to loosen or tighten it later if glued like this.

I should add that I have used a couple hundred gallons of 91 car gas in mine too diluted with 100 LL.
    I have heard the later airplanes use only a drop or two of super glue. On the early ones they used a lot. Exploded fittings are no fun. Did the fuel drain retrofit and had to change a bunch of fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I have heard the later airplanes use only a drop or two of super glue. On the early ones they used a lot. Exploded fittings are no fun. Did the fuel drain retrofit and had to change a bunch of fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just put one drop on my fittings.

When end I did the extra fuel drain SB is when I noticed the leaky fittings too. The plastic fuel lines are holding up fine though.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

My curiosity of other cold climate builders stems from my experience with problems of seepage at the fuel valve. I believe dissimilar materials expanding and contracting at different rates is the culprit. Hence the questions of others and my decision to use metal.