Thread: Boot Cowl Tinnerman Fitting

Default Boot Cowl Tinnerman Fitting

With reference to fitting the Tinnerman nuts to the Boot Cowl Hatch, the Figure FS49 (12/15/2015) and video specifies the use of 6 Tinnerman nuts (HDW-A1784-6Z-1), of which I have been supplied 3. It is obvious that after match drilling the initial #30 holes in the Boot Cowl Hatch, then outsizing to .25" , these Tinnerman nuts still do not fit in all cases.
    Has there been a manual revision to use alternate (HDW-SL213-06-1) Clip On Nuts? Alternatively, where else might these Clip On Nuts be otherwise used?

Default Re: Boot Cowl Tinnerman Fitting

Go to Chuck and Ryan's Tips and read Post#6 about the Tinnerman nuts. I ordered these from Wick's and they worked great.

Darrin

Mitch will ship you a couple as well or you can just use your nibbler and take a little metal away so they will fit fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dkelley View Post
    Go to Chuck and Ryan's Tips and read Post#6 about the Tinnerman nuts. I ordered these from Wick's and they worked great.

Darrin
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    With reference to fitting the Tinnerman nuts to the Boot Cowl Hatch, the Figure FS49 (12/15/2015) and video specifies the use of 6 Tinnerman nuts (HDW-A1784-6Z-1), of which I have been supplied 3. It is obvious that after match drilling the initial #30 holes in the Boot Cowl Hatch, then outsizing to .25" , these Tinnerman nuts still do not fit in all cases.
    Has there been a manual revision to use alternate (HDW-SL213-06-1) Clip On Nuts? Alternatively, where else might these Clip On Nuts be otherwise used?
    Got it , glad I am not the only one to encounter this....
    6. The gascolator cover went together just fine until we went to place the six Tinnerman nuts. None fit. On Mitch’s award winning video the Tinnerman nuts referenced were part number A1785-6Z-1D. Those are also shown in the pictures in the manual, although the manual references part number A1784-6Z-1 which is what came with the kit. So we called Wick’s and spent three bucks for the longer A1785-6Z-1D nuts, which worked just fine. Alternatively one could notch out the panel a bit so the supplied nuts would fit.