Thread: Drag Tube Question

Default Drag Tube Question

Hi All,

Out of the 8 (SC31004-007) Drag tubes in my kit only 4 would easily slide into the Spar Fittings. The other 4 are a tad too big. The ones that wont slide right in are around 1.0055 where the tubes that do slide in are around 1.0030. Has anyone else had this issue? What do you think would be the best solution to remove that little bit of material needed?

Thanks

Dave

Default Re: Drag Tube Question

I’d take an abrasive paper, wet/dry, aluminum oxide, roll of 240 grit, etc and twist the tube by hand in it. Removing a couple of thousandths won’t take long.

I wish we’d known about the Sandpoint fly in breakfast. It wasn’t promoted very well. I looked online too because we’ve enjoyed going to it in the past. Btw, there is one in Polson this coming Saturday, the 8th. It is a good one.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Default Re: Drag Tube Question

Thanks Dan!

I agree with the Sandpoint fly in. I had to search for the info.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    I’d take an abrasive paper, wet/dry, aluminum oxide, roll of 240 grit, etc and twist the tube by hand in it. Removing a couple of thousandths won’t take long.

I wish we’d known about the Sandpoint fly in breakfast. It wasn’t promoted very well. I looked online too because we’ve enjoyed going to it in the past. Btw, there is one in Polson this coming Saturday, the 8th. It is a good one.