Thread: Wing tip bow

Default Wing tip bow

Last week I started to fit my left wing wing tip bow.
    i noticed the front spar tip sits inside the carbon fiber wing tip without making any contact with the ID of the wing tip...in fact there is at least 1/2" of clearance above and below the tip of the front spar.
    i can see that the manual says to squirt some methacrylate in there to bridge that empty space but that is a lot of meth.
    has anyone fit lightweight spacer/blocks in this area instead of big globs of methacrylate?
    Dewey

Default Re: Wing tip bow

No, the meth works great. They tell you it’s ok to use a lot to fill areas and once it’s hard, it’s there to stay. They show in the manual to put some on the spar before putting it inside the bow tip but it’s easier and cleaner just to come back and fill the space after it’s inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Last week I started to fit my left wing wing tip bow.
    i noticed the front spar tip sits inside the carbon fiber wing tip without making any contact with the ID of the wing tip...in fact there is at least 1/2" of clearance above and below the tip of the front spar.
    i can see that the manual says to squirt some methacrylate in there to bridge that empty space but that is a lot of meth.
    has anyone fit lightweight spacer/blocks in this area instead of big globs of methacrylate?
    Dewey
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Default Re: Wing tip bow

Dave,
    thanks again... it's been bugging me in the back of my mind over here.
    Dewey