Thread: I am out of parts it must be done

Default I am out of parts it must be done

Finished up today on the Carbon Cub it took a year and 15 days and 1477 hours but it is done. The DAR comes next week I will let you know how that goes.
    DSC01948.jpgEDSC01947.jpgVDSC01949.jpg

Default Re: I am out of parts it must be done

EV, looks like you did a beautiful job! Good luck with the DAR next week, and be sure and let us know how the first flight goes!
    Randy Lervold

Wow! Looks great! Are those sorts of hours typical? I'd say you have the 51% rule covered!

Beautiful, great job! What a lot of tenacity and perseverance! I bet a fair amount of Patience too! Keep us posted on how the flights go!
    Geo

Update on Kit #5
    Finished 40 hr phase 1 one small problem the pick-up for the Light Speed electronic ignition went bad and had to be replaced other than that everything went well. Just a note Klaus at Light Speed solved the problem and got the replacement out the next day so I only lost 4 days. I am going to fly it to Texas next week to a Birddog convention and introduce the first Light Sport Birddog to all the Birddog guys.
    EV

Exceptional job! Very nice panel. How did the final weight and balance come out?I just sold my Smith Cub and am looking seriously at the ELSA version. Selling my Cub was painful, but it was great to get out from under the FAA on maintenance with a homebuilt Cub and I look forward to doing likewise with the medical under LSA. Your total time numbers are believable; I don't see how anyone could build an airplane in 200 hours--it seems to me that covering and finish alone would likely take longer than that. (If you wanted it to look good, anyway) But I never claimed to be fast. If you have to choose between smart and lucky choose lucky, and if you have to choose between fast and good, well, if you have any hesitation in making that choice you shouldn't build an airplane.