Thread: Lightspeed Ignition Coil Connectors

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lightspeed Ignition Coil Connectors

Hi,

I have been having trouble with my EX-2 with Lightspeed ignition misfiring when the key was in the right ignition unit position. Previously, this engine had passed the "mag check" with no issues.

After a new set of plugs, the misfire remained. Talking with staff at Oshkosh had them telling me that it was most likely poor connections to the Lightspeed coil units.

Sure enough, I swapped the coil pairs today L to R. I was intending to try to find a bad coil or bad ignition unit. My problem should have moved to the left unit. Nope, after paying special attention to the FASTON connectors making sure all the disconnect forces were about equal and reassembling the coils on the engine, the engine is running fine again on both the left and right positions.

I talked with Klaus about the connectors and sent him a picture of my setup and his reply was, "those aren't the connectors supplied with the Lightspeed unit."

I have asked him for some of his higher connection pressure connectors. We will see if he has them in the 90 insulated configuration.

Have other people see this problem? Anecdotally, this seems to be the case. Is there a good fix for this?

Thanks,

--paul
    Last edited by Paul S.; 08-07-2018 at 05:55 AM.