Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Yakima Building Adventure

Default Re: My Yakima Building Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack View Post
    Chuck: I’m not leaving until Saturday am so it would be great to connect if you have the time!
    Perfect see you there.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    Ok let me see if I get this, Karen and your son do all the heavy lifting and you put the lipstick on and fly it.
    Sweet
    Nope going to build another FX3 can’t have to many cubs 🤦Cavans coming back out in April to finish his. Ill come back May 1 finish mine.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Just a quick update on my early Feb. build week experience; RustyPilot nailed it in his description. I would just add that 10” of blowing snow and 6 degree temps made for interesting runs between the various buildings, not to mention driving around Yakima in the Camry under those conditions ... caught a cold also but it was worth it. Tremendous experience, just can’t say enough good things. Feel free to reach out directly if you want more details. No big deal not having a “helper.” Just wear comfortable shoes - your dogs will be barking at the end of each day. It’s an early start but I had time each day for a workout of some kind, catching up on work from the office and dinner. My concierge Zach was not only a great guy and lots of fun, but he kept things moving with Swiss precision! I got to operate some amazing machines, met lots of fantastic people at CC, and learned a tremendous amount about my plane. Also met a great couple from “just down the road” in Brenham, TX, on their second build trip - their plane looked great in shadow (Navy) and white.

Note: CC now has a new, fancier saw for cutting the tubes that mostly eliminates the measuring tape and cuts to .001 inch precision. Installed it the week before I got there. And ... you still spend a lot of time with that forming press ... Ribs, anyone? Got some right here in the freezer for you!

Back April 22-23 for round 2. Cheers all!

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack View Post
    Just a quick update on my early Feb. build week experience; RustyPilot nailed it in his description. I would just add that 10” of blowing snow and 6 degree temps made for interesting runs between the various buildings, not to mention driving around Yakima in the Camry under those conditions ... caught a cold also but it was worth it. Tremendous experience, just can’t say enough good things. Feel free to reach out directly if you want more details. No big deal not having a “helper.” Just wear comfortable shoes - your dogs will be barking at the end of each day. It’s an early start but I had time each day for a workout of some kind, catching up on work from the office and dinner. My concierge Zach was not only a great guy and lots of fun, but he kept things moving with Swiss precision! I got to operate some amazing machines, met lots of fantastic people at CC, and learned a tremendous amount about my plane. Also met a great couple from “just down the road” in Brenham, TX, on their second build trip - their plane looked great in shadow (Navy) and white.

Note: CC now has a new, fancier saw for cutting the tubes that mostly eliminates the measuring tape and cuts to .001 inch precision. Installed it the week before I got there. And ... you still spend a lot of time with that forming press ... Ribs, anyone? Got some right here in the freezer for you!

Back April 22-23 for round 2. Cheers all!
    So glad you enjoyed your time here! You'll be back finishing up your bird before you know it, hopefully in beautiful (warmer) spring weather!
    Unfortunately you'll get stuck with me next go around; I hope you liked riveting, because you'll love cotter pins!