Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Stan Segalla Annual Cub Fly in & out Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome

Default 2018 Stan Segalla Annual Cub Fly in & out Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome

Hi folks planning the Stan Segalla Cub Fly in at The Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome. If you have never been, this is a diamond in aviation like no other. One of the greatest collections of WW1 aircraft anywhere in the world and its here in our back yard. ORA has graciously invited CubCrafters again for what will be a great fly in & out event. The historic Hudson Valley is magical in the fall with the leaves at peak color, cool mornings, warm afternoons and plenty to do from wine tours, to rafting, mountain hikes to leisurely strolls through town in the crunching leaves. There is something here for everyone and we invite you to join us.

Plan to arrive by plane Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. We will have two coordinated fly outs on Thursday and Friday and your welcome to come and go from Rhinebeck EXCEPT during show hours. I will update this thread with a page of important information. Hotels, restaurants, car rental, airshow times and notams etc. For now, please rsvp to me here or in email or text 518-410-9404 Number in your party and flying into Rhinebeck or not. Thank you Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region

Default Re: 2018 Stan Segalla Annual Cub Fly in & out Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Keneston View Post
    Hi folks planning the Stan Segalla Cub Fly in at The Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome. If you have never been, this is a diamond in aviation like no other. One of the greatest collections of WW1 aircraft anywhere in the world and its here in our back yard. ORA has graciously invited CubCrafters again for what will be a great fly in & out event. The historic Hudson Valley is magical in the fall with the leaves at peak color, cool mornings, warm afternoons and plenty to do from wine tours, to rafting, mountain hikes to leisurely strolls through town in the crunching leaves. There is something here for everyone and we invite you to join us.

Plan to arrive by plane Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. We will have two coordinated fly outs on Thursday and Friday and your welcome to come and go from Rhinebeck EXCEPT during show hours. I will update this thread with a page of important information. Hotels, restaurants, car rental, airshow times and notams etc. For now, please rsvp to me here or in email or text 518-410-9404 Number in your party and flying into Rhinebeck or not. Thank you Mark

Hi again flyers. For those intending to join the fly in/out pls rsvp and with a head count so we can calculate costs for cook out Thursday evening. Please see most recent NOTAMS attached here. Thanks Mark
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mark Keneston; 08-07-2018 at 08:14 AM.
    Cub Crafters

Thanks for organizing this, Mark.

Looking forward to this. Hopefully, I can get away Saturday and Sunday. Ok to camp Saturday night at the field?

--paul
    N57EV

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S. View Post
    Thanks for organizing this, Mark.

Looking forward to this. Hopefully, I can get away Saturday and Sunday. Ok to camp Saturday night at the field?

--paul
    N57EV
    Hi Cub Flyers
    The annual Stan Segalla Cub Fly in at Rhinebeck Aerodrome in Rhinebeck, NY is just weeks away. Here is a link to local places to stay for those not camping. http://rhinebeck.com/lodging.html

If you have interest in either the 2 flyouts, or the Dinner Friday night out in town, please let me hear from you. Please click ORA Resources link in lower left corner of the flyer here. You can also find this info on facebook posted. Thank you Mark
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cub Crafters

Hi Cub Flyers
    The annual Stan Segalla Cub Fly in at Rhinebeck Aerodrome in Rhinebeck, NY is just weeks away. Here is a link to local places to stay for those not camping. http://rhinebeck.com/lodging.html

If you have interest in either the 2 flyouts, or the Dinner Friday night out in town, please let me hear from you. Please click ORA Resources link in lower left corner of the flyer here. You can also find this info on facebook posted. Thank you Mark
    Rhinebeck is on and weather looks fantastic. Call me or text with any questions. 518-410-9404 If anyone has a drone, please bring it

Thank you
    Mark
    Cub Crafters

Thanks Mark, we had a good time at Rhinebeck

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    Thanks Mark, we had a good time at Rhinebeck

Glenn
    Where are the pics???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't take any, but Mark did. We had 2 carbon Cubs, 2 J3s, 1 J4, a Vagabond, a Tripacer, a Pa12 and mine.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    I didn't take any, but Mark did. We had 2 carbon Cubs, 2 J3s, 1 J4, a Vagabond, a Tripacer, a Pa12 and mine.

Glenn
    The weather was not favorable the first 2 days so we had one limited fly out Thursday. Friday the winds howled 35+ with ceilings and visibility marginal at best. Today was a reasonable day but still gusty early. Special thanks to ORA for their participation and use of their facility. Also Korey Kibler and friend Tanner braved winds in his new to him 13' Carbon Cub SS all the way from MD. Thank you. We had a great day. Let's do it again next year. MK
    Cub Crafters

The weather was not favorable the first 2 days so we had one limited fly out Thursday. Friday the winds howled 35+ with ceilings and visibility marginal at best. Today was a reasonable day but still gusty early. Special thanks to ORA for their participation and use of their facility. Also Korey Kibler and friend Tanner braved winds in his new to him 13' Carbon Cub SS all the way from MD. Thank you. We had a great day. Let's do it again next year. MK

A few more pics from Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome. To think those aviation pioneers took off not knowing if they would fly or die or both. It's a special place to visit and some of what they have can only be seen right there. It's worth a visit and chance to enjoy the upper Hudson valley of NY.
    Cub Crafters