• Poll Deleted

0 0%
  • Poll Deleted

0 0%
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: <Archive Thread> Building the EX3 - Tips & Hints

Default Re: Building the EX3 - Tips & Hints

Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    Yeah I asked the same question because why leave an ugly rivet head sticking up that will show through the fabric but apparently engineering says the countersunk rivets aren’t as strong as the ones that are not. So do not use a countersunk one.
    Thank you.
    PTB

I was having problems with the alerts volume being too low unless I had XM music playing. If I didn’t have XM playing some tunes, the volume was just too low even when set at 100%. The setting for the alert sound was set wrong. It has to be set to MONO only in the setting like this: ALSO SEE POST 146

06C9C0B3-B220-4C5A-927F-291453C50971.jpg
    (NOTE: This isn’t from my panel but just a generic G3X photo showing that setup page).
    Last edited by Daveembry; 02-19-2020 at 05:38 PM.
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

FedEx/KINKOS is a great place to take your POH after you put in all your weight and balance info and stall numbers.

They will bind it nicely like this for $9

6E91E9C8-9757-4514-8E78-4116F11E7E33.jpg
    This has a clear, plastic cover over the front and a solid blue rear cover.

A855A722-97A4-475E-8265-755224C9EBEF.jpg

The files are in the Dropbox files under the CERTIFICATION DATA folder for you to edit and print and are already set up to print double sided. It will print 2 of the smaller, manual sized pages on each side of a standard 8-1/2” x 11” printer paper. Print all the sections and then take it to Fedex/Kinkos and they will make a single cut down the center. Then just put the pages all in the right order and ask them to bind them. Then this POH will fit into the sling above the rear seat.
    Last edited by Daveembry; 03-20-2019 at 08:03 AM.
    Dave Embry

BATTERY TENDER

NOTE: If you are using the Odyessy battery, you can NOT maintain or charge it using a standard 12v battery charger. The reason you can research on their website, is that these batteries have to initially charge at a higher amperage (14.7v) than the standard chargers. I ruined 1 battery before i learned this.

Here is the correct charger for the standard PC680 battery I use. https://www.odysseybattery.com/produ...ttery-charger/

Here is the link describing needing to use a special Odyssey charger. https://www.odysseybattery.com/news/...yssey-battery/

G3X TOUCH TRAINING WEBINAR

​This is pretty good from EAA.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b3V4ZeCi4Oo
    Last edited by Daveembry; 02-01-2021 at 03:44 PM.
    Dave Embry

SETTING THE VOLUME FOR THE ALERTS FROM THE GTR200 TO THE G3X TOUCH

I just thought I would put a note in here on something I figured out today finally on this build.

With the G3X Touch using the GTR200 com radio, my alerts volume (obstructions, traffic, terrain, etc) was very low even though I had it set to 100% in the G3X SOUND menus.

You can go into the GTR200 menu on the radio itself by turning the unit OFF (turn the volume knob on the left fully counter clockwise) then push in and hold the small right knob while turning it back on. It will go into the CONFIGURATION MODE. Here you go to AUX 1 VOLUME and my volume was set to 50%. I moved it to 75% and now the alerts are about the right level with the G3X menu set to 100% ALERTS VOLUME in the SOUND menus. I might even bump it up a little more so I can then turn it down in the direct G3X menus to lower it.

The GTR200 AUX 1 VOLUME OUT sets the volume for the alerts that go out of it and into the G3X first.....so if it's too low, it won't be loud enough.

If the sound in your headset of your own voice when you transmit isn't high enough, you go into this same menu setting on the radio and increase the setting. Mine was set to 5 (from 1-10) and I moved it up to 7 and it was about right.
    Last edited by Daveembry; 04-02-2020 at 10:06 AM.
    Dave Embry

AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE MANUAL

Here is the AMM for the CCK-1865 and CCK-2000 aircraft that Mike Sasser kindly sent to me.

See attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dave Embry

AUTOPILOT SETTINGS

I had this in reply to another thread so thought I’d add it here also to keep everything together in 1 thread. These are the torque and gain settings for the autopilot.

Here are the setting I’ve got on mine now that works good for me. It may be different for each plane depending on how “stiff” or tight the torque tube is in the blocks holding it making the “roll’ axis stiffer which would require a higher torque setting.

It’s easy in flight to adjust it. Just to pop the menu up and make some changes and see how you like it on the fly. You just press the MENU button twice, then SETUP and then AUTOPILOT.

Increase gain for faster response to smaller changes and reduce torque so that just enough to move the servos and not much more than required so you can overpower it easier.

So so if your seems sluggish, increase the gain. If the stick is chasing the autopilot so fast that it’s bruising your knees, decrease the gain.

Last edited by Daveembry; 05-18-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    Dave Embry

Could someone tell me what the most recent dropbox links are for manuals and pics. They've been moved since I built my CC. thanks
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

Quote Originally Posted by stede52 View Post
    Could someone tell me what the most recent dropbox links are for manuals and pics. They've been moved since I built my CC. thanks
    I guess Mitch doesn't want them on the public forum since it's suppose to be only for builders so just email Mitch for the links.
    Dave Embry

Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    I guess Mitch doesn't want them on the public forum since it's suppose to be only for builders so just email Mitch for the links.

Thanks, please send them to my email at: stede52@comcast.net
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA