0 0%
  • Poll Deleted

0 0%

Thread: <Archive Thread> Building the EX3 - Tips & Hints

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Building the EX3 - Tips & Hints

REGISTERING THE AIRCRAFT

UPDATE: Dec. 2022. There is a new online system they are just implementing for getting your Registration (as well as the Airworthiness later). Got to http://cares.faa.gov/home and you can sign up for this and then make your application through this portal which includes uploading the forms listed below that you need. You do this instead of mailing the documents in. Note that once you upload the 3 documents, it will ask you to pay $5 (if you already have a reserved N number) and then give you an expected date of review. But in reality, FAA will put requests for NEW registrations for EAB, kit built aircraft to the top of the pile and process it usually in just a few days! This will not be reflected in the "dashboard" showing your application. For example, 2 days ago I put in the application using this online portal. It said to expect review in 7 months!! July 7, 2023 (I applied on Dec 14, 2022). I called and they actually confirmed it was automatically put at the top of the list and was already being reviewed and should be done in 24-48 hours. So good news there. Just ignore that date on the dashboard and expect it to happen quickly.

NOTE: See post #125 later for more info on the paperwork needed for your final inspection and Special Airworthiness Certificate.

Today I sent in my paperwork to get the registration started with FAA. I had previously reserved an N number. This gets the registration done which you will need when you set up the final inspection and get your Airworthiness Inspection.

There are 4 things you need to send to FAA to get that started.

1. A Bill of Sale from Cubcrafters. Submit 2 copies.
    2. Complete FAA Form 8050-1. Aircraft Registration Application. You can download it from here and fill it out and sign it. Only 1 copy needed to be filed. https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/...m/AC8050-1.pdf
    3. Complete FAA Form 8050-88 Affidavit of Ownership for experimental Aircraft. THIS HAS TO BE NOTARIZED FIRST. https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi...ia/8050-88.pdf
    4. A check to FAA for $5.00 if you already have a reserved N number and $10 if you don't.

I have actually attached a file that has these 4 things as I completed them. I put them in a corporation name so you can see that that name is used everywhere as the Manufacturer or Builder and you can see how the other areas of the forms are filled in. If you are registering the aircraft in your name then use it everywhere for these items.

These 4 items should be mailed by USPS to:

FAA Aircraft Registration Branch, AFS-750
    PO Box 25504
    Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0504

By Commercial Service to:

FAA Aircraft Registration Branch, AFS-750
    Registry Building Room 118
    6425 South Denning
    Oklahoma City, OK 73169-6937

That's all there is to it now. There is alot more paperwork to be done for the final Airworthiness Certificate which I'll share when I do it right before my inspection. Send this in early as it takes a bit for them to complete it and mail you your registration. If you make a mistake and have to correct it, your application goes to the back of the stack in some far, distant in-basket and then takes forever (unless you beg like I did on the last one).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Daveembry; 12-16-2022 at 12:41 PM.
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..