Thread: CubCrafters Increases Production for 2019

Default CubCrafters Increases Production for 2019

Press Release

CUBCRAFTERS ANNOUNCES
    PRODUCTION INCREASES FOR 2019

Yakima, Washington – May 23, 2018: Light aircraft manufacturer CubCrafters will significantly increase production of the line of light two-place tandem aircraft it manufactures in 2019.

CubCrafters’ Director of Sales, Brad Damm, says, “Backcountry flying is increasing in popularity and CubCrafters has seen continuous sales growth since the introduction of the Light Sport Carbon Cub in 2009. The launch of the Part 23 Certified XCub in 2016 and the addition of the Garmin G3X glass avionics package for the XCub in 2017 further accelerated sales. Now, with the introduction of the new 3rd generation of the Carbon Cub that includes an advanced engine and constant speed propeller, our order backlog has increased to almost two years.”

CubCrafters took deposits for over 100 new factory-built aircraft in 2017, with over 40 of those orders occurring in the fourth quarter alone. Sales were boosted in large part by the introduction of the new Carbon Cub FX-3 and XCub’s EFIS panel option. Today, the product line has expanded to include six different production aircraft models. Also contributing to the company’s success is their popular “Factory eXperimental” (FX) Builder Assist program, where owners participate in the fabrication and assembly of their own Experimental Amateur Built (E-AB) certified aircraft at the factory. In addition, CubCrafters offers two versions of Carbon Cub kits for owner assembly and certification offsite.

“During development and FAA certification testing of our new XCub, we planned for the contingency of expanded production,” explains Patrick Horgan, CubCrafters Vice President of Operations and Product Development. “Increased sales volumes necessitated the execution of our plans. Our manufacturing floor space was increased over 50% through the construction of three new fabrication facilities. Our teams carefully assessed and refined critical fabrication and assembly processes to further minimize waste while optimizing quality and throughput. We are certainly grateful for the market response to the XCub and FX-3.” CubCrafters began ramping-up production rates at the end of 2017 and will continue to do so into 2019.

Default Re: CubCrafters Increases Production for 2019

Has anyone heard of their dates moving up yet due to this increase in production? I have a FX-3 build spot in 13 months (7/19) and would love to see it move up some. Was offered a build this July, but they wanted a premium above retail to buy the position. I decided I could be patient, but it is tough....
    Joe Rainey

Super Moderator

Hi Joe,

The dates you received from your Certified Sales Center should already reflect the planned production increase for 2019 that were the subject of this press release, but feel free to have Rick give me a call if needed to double check. This isn't a new initiative that will affect existing deposit holders much, we just weren't able to get around to the public press release announcing the production capacity increase until recently.

Despite the long lead time, I'm very glad to hear you're excited. The more FX-3's we've delivered, the more we've realized what a complete game-changer this aircraft is for our customers. The feedback we've gotten has been simply outstanding and I think you (and everyone else) will look back and see it was totally worth the wait!
    Brad Damm - Vice President of Sales and Marketing
    CubCrafters - Yakima, Washington
    Office: (509) 248-9491
    Cell: (509) 961-2313

It's all Mark's fault, he's selling too many airplanes

Glenn

Thanks for the update Brad. I figured you would say that. Actually, I'm fine with it. I have a great Scout to fly until then and I have other toys to keep me busy....

2018 Porsche GT3 1.jpg
    Joe Rainey