Thread: OA Seats: Leather vs. Fabric

Default OA Seats: Leather vs. Fabric

Looking forward to a July FX-3 build date and still wondering about the seat options. I read the posts from a few years ago but am wondering if anyone has more recent opinions. I'm in Southern Colorado so humidity and usually heat isn't a problem.

Any thoughts on OA leather vs. fabric seats?

Thanks.

Dale

Default Re: OA Seats: Leather vs. Fabric

I’ve had 7 CC so far. 5 with leather 2 with cloth. I find the cloth to be uncomfortable, hard to keep clean seems like it just holds all the dirt and if when you do sweat its gonna be in your seat. I live in south Florida high humidity hotter then a firecracker and have never found the leather to be a problem. My first Carbon Cub has close to 1200hrs on it now and leather seat still looks great. I actually discussed this with the fabric shop when I did my FX build and she told me it’s the same foam in both seats,but she said I was the second person that told her the leather was more comfortable.
    My 2 cents.
    Chuck
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Quote Originally Posted by daleberk View Post
    Looking forward to a July FX-3 build date and still wondering about the seat options. I read the posts from a few years ago but am wondering if anyone has more recent opinions. I'm in Southern Colorado so humidity and usually heat isn't a problem.

Any thoughts on OA leather vs. fabric seats?

Thanks.

Dale
    I am at my FX-3 build right now, you will really enjoy it. This is my third Carbon Cub and I too live in South Florida but chose cloth because I find it cooler. I have had my first two days of the build and find it fascinating how such a simple little airplane needs so many parts. The hardest part is figuring out what we are fabricating and then watch it fit together. The staff is very professional and helpful, but bring good shoes because there is some serious standing.

IMG_0400.jpgSubliminal Message Lou..................Go RED!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WetCub View Post
    I am at my FX-3 build right now, you will really enjoy it. This is my third Carbon Cub and I too live in South Florida but chose cloth because I find it cooler. I have had my first two days of the build and find it fascinating how such a simple little airplane needs so many parts. The hardest part is figuring out what we are fabricating and then watch it fit together. The staff is very professional and helpful, but bring good shoes because there is some serious standing.
    Mike Sasser
    Boomerang Air
    mike@boomerangair.net

OK,AR,TX,LA
    www.cubcrafters.com

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCubDriver View Post
    IMG_0400.jpgSubliminal Message Lou..................Go RED!!!!!!
    Its your red on top with silver trim. The best of both worlds Orange Crush finish but in BA red.