Thread: Weight!

Default Weight!

After all is done, a builder could find his DAR inspector restricting the aircraft to one person because he miscalculated on his paint work and electronics as a sport pilot.

Can CubCrafters give us an empty weight covered but not painted and without any electronics installed? - no radio, nothing - just the push-pull cables for the engine, key/ignition switch - but in every other way ready to fly. That would really help with planning a build.

Default Re: Weight!

If you use the Carbon Cub SS order form that adds weight on our web site, You should be able to calculate the weight of a Carbon Cub EX. You will need to add 25lbs to the Carbon Cub SS weight for your Carbon Cub EX. The Carbon Cub SS order form is accurate to the pound.

Thanks
    Mitch

I just finished my CC Cub and the weight was 892 I do not have a lot of radio equip. but I have a full polyurethane paint job which adds some weight. I also have the extended fuel which also added some weight , but everything else was per CubCrafters plans.
    EV

Quote Originally Posted by EVRoosevelt View Post
    I just finished my CC Cub and the weight was 892 I do not have a lot of radio equip. but I have a full polyurethane paint job which adds some weight. I also have the extended fuel which also added some weight , but everything else was per CubCrafters plans.
    EV
    892 lbs with the extended fuel tanks? Please be sure your scales are accurate, that sounds a bit too light.
    Randy Lervold

I had 2 sets of scales and they were within 2 lbs of each other. So that is good enough for me.

I saw your beautiful pics of your build. Besides the tanks, anything else? Those look like 8" tires. But it's difficult to tell.

Yes it has 8.00 tires.
    EV

Quote Originally Posted by EVRoosevelt View Post
    Yes it has 8.00 tires. EV
    OK - Extra tanks, 8" tires and a full paint job equals 892lbs. That's encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    If you use the Carbon Cub SS order form that adds weight on our web site, You should be able to calculate the weight of a Carbon Cub EX. You will need to add 25lbs to the Carbon Cub SS weight for your Carbon Cub EX. The Carbon Cub SS order form is accurate to the pound.

Thanks
    Mitch
    Thanks Mitch. But why add the 25lbs? I thought the EX was essentially an SS kit. Are there structural differences between the two?