Thread: Bundled Elevator Trim Wiring Loom including LB15A22W-4

Default Bundled Elevator Trim Wiring Loom including LB15A22W-4

On pages following Page 110 of the Fuselage manual, there are several photographs and wiring diagrams depicting the wiring loom for the Trim motor to cockpit wires which include a white wire labelled LB15A22W-4 whose purpose is not explained. It appears extra to the requirements of the elevator trim motor. Although the photos can be misleading, it does not appear in any of the following references either in text or photos. The trim motor wires exit at the forward end of the long LHS stringer, (page 124) but no reference is explained to any large current wire such as this.
    Could this wire be simply bundled as a ELT or Rear Nav light connection? I have the Aveo flash option, but I suspect that both ELT and Aveo Kit are wired separately.
    What is the purpose of this wire (LB15A22W-4) and where does it exit at the cockpit end?

Default Re: Bundled Elevator Trim Wiring Loom including LB15A22W-4

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    On pages following Page 110 of the Fuselage manual, there are several photographs and wiring diagrams depicting the wiring loom for the Trim motor to cockpit wires which include a white wire labelled LB15A22W-4 whose purpose is not explained. It appears extra to the requirements of the elevator trim motor. Although the photos can be misleading, it does not appear in any of the following references either in text or photos. The trim motor wires exit at the forward end of the long LHS stringer, (page 124) but no reference is explained to any large current wire such as this.
    Could this wire be simply bundled as a ELT or Rear Nav light connection? I have the Aveo flash option, but I suspect that both ELT and Aveo Kit are wired separately.
    What is the purpose of this wire (LB15A22W-4) and where does it exit at the cockpit end?
    That wire connects in the cockpit instrument panel to the "Tail Nav/Strobe wires out of the LIGHT SWITCH" on the panel. In Dropbox (or in your Lighting Manual) you will see the schematics. Look at page 15. So just run the wire past the trim motor and tape it to one of the rear tubes anywhere near the bottom and you will reach up from the bottom inspection opening in the fuse and later attach it to the wires coming out of the rudder. Run the other end just out the front where you can get it later in the instrument panel.

If you are doing the G3X Touch, I made an Excel wiring chart that makes it all very simple. Just look under the area where the wire is (like Left Wing Root, Right Wing Root, Forward of firewall, etc) and find the wire in the left column and it will tell you where that wire attaches in the column to the right. I've attached that file if you would like to use it. I think Mitch is adding it to the Executive Glass manual soon.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Thanks for the wiring diagram and Lighting manual reference, I see it now. Unfortunately, I do not have a current Dropbox link.

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    Thanks for the wiring diagram and Lighting manual reference, I see it now. Unfortunately, I do not have a current Dropbox link.

I don’t either. I think Mitch changes it ever so often so give him a shout. He is actually making a G3X Wiring Video as we speak.
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..