Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FX-3 on the Cirrus Owners Pilot Assoc Forum

Default FX-3 on the Cirrus Owners Pilot Assoc Forum

There is a lot of interesting discussion on the COPA Forum. Almost free advertising for Carbon Cubs! However, it is helpful to see how others are configuring their FX-3.

Default Re: FX-3 on the Cirrus Owners Pilot Assoc Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    There is a lot of interesting discussion on the COPA Forum. Almost free advertising for Carbon Cubs! However, it is helpful to see how others are configuring their FX-3.
    Must be in the paid section? Couldn’t find it with a search, could be my searching ability of course ;-)

I can show you several configurations that have been done so far by my customers. The majority of them have had G3x with A/P and GTX345R for avionics. Most have had 31's and the 83" prop. I am attaching a picture of my current demo. Just plain ole boring RED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Sasser
    Boomerang Air
    mike@boomerangair.net

OK,AR,TX,LA
    www.cubcrafters.com

Sorry about that. I have been researching Cirrus and joined the COPA. It is on the paid site.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCubDriver View Post
    I can show you several configurations that have been done so far by my customers. The majority of them have had G3x with A/P and GTX345R for avionics. Most have had 31's and the 83" prop. I am attaching a picture of my current demo. Just plain ole boring RED!!!
    Not boring - cool colo! I think I saw you flying over Lake Travis near The Reserve a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterEedy View Post
    Must be in the paid section? Couldn’t find it with a search, could be my searching ability of course ;-)

Only the classified section is open. The rest of the forums require a COPA membership.
    Many COPA guys getting in to the CubCrafters life!!
    (I did two years ago!)

David

SR22, building an EX2
    Last edited by David H; 03-27-2018 at 04:23 PM.

I'm one of those Cirrus folks who just posted on the referenced COPA thread; just put a deposit down on an FX-3. Lots to learn but very excited about learning it! It's over a year until delivery so nothing happening soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack View Post
    I'm one of those Cirrus folks who just posted on the referenced COPA thread; just put a deposit down on an FX-3. Lots to learn but very excited about learning it! It's over a year until delivery so nothing happening soon.
    Congratulations! I have been studying Carbon Cubs since they started producing them. Am very interested in the FX-3 and considering options. Also, I'm interested in learning more about Cirrus for a different mission. I'm anxious to read more posts on their experiences building the FX-3 parts in Yakima.

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack View Post
    Me too. Cirrus is a very cool airplane and a great go to plane. The pilot and owner group is a friendly and knowledgeable bunch.
    I have a July build date for the FX3 and meantime have been really enjoying the SS. Never thought it would be so much fun!

Hi all! I'm new to the FX-3 ownership and a Cirrus SR-22 owner as well. I love both airplanes. I have a 2006 SR-22 Signature Edition that I've had all over the country. I just picked up my FX-3 at the factory last week. I can't get enough of the FX-3 right now, but I know they both have their missions. I haven't put the numbers to it, but I'm thinking that if my trip is over about 5 hours of flight time, it will be Cirrus flying and under that the Cub. Obviously, there are other factors. My Cirrus is hangared at an airport approximately 1 hour from my home. My Cub is right here on our ranch. Cirrus has to land on pavement, Cub, well lets just say it doesn't need much :-). Payload, if it fits in the Cub it basically can fly. If it's more than that then we go in the Cirrus. I used to be a member of COPA but I tried to scale back on some membership stuff.

This FX-3 is way more than I ever thought the plane would be. And the factory team is even better. I understand customer service better than most and the Cubcrafters crew gets it too. Feel free to contact me if you have questions. Although I'll probably just give glowing recommendations :-)

Joyce Wilson
    www.wilsoncombat.com
    www.idpa.com
    www.circlewcranch.com