Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: The EX2 Kit builder

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mark Keneston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Posts
    416

    Default The EX2 Kit builder

    Just a quick shout out to one of our kit builders Gordon G. and to all those working on a kit or now flying one. Most would agree this is one of the best values in aviation. We have 5-6 kits in the area either in process or recently completed and in phase one now. One quote I heard today was "This is the best kit ever and the factory support has been awesome"

    This I a great opportunity to build the plane you want as you want it. If your considering a Kit Plane, it makes sense to talk with one of the happy cutomers that went before you. This is Gordons soon to EX2 Amphib with Garmin G3x, AP and float controller.

    Nice work Gordon and thank you from all of us at CubCrafters! MK
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Keneston; 11-07-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region
    518.410.9404

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mark Keneston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Posts
    416

    Default Re: The EX2 Kit builder

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Keneston View Post
    Just a quick shout out to one of our kit builders Gordon G. and to all those working on a kit or now flying one. Most would agree this is one of the best values in aviation. We have 5-6 kits in the area either in process or recently completed and in phase one now. One quote I heard today was "This is the best kit ever and the factory support has been awesome"

    This I a great opportunity to build the plane you want as you want it. If your considering a Kit Plane, it makes sense to talk with one of the happy cutomers that went before you. This is Gordons soon to EX2 Amphib with Garmin G3x, AP and float controller.

    Nice work Gordon and thank you from all of us at CubCrafters! MK
    Another Kit Builder completes his build and we did the maiden flight on his EX EX is Classic Yellow with G3X, A/P and a GTN650 with a back up HSI. Built for missions thru the Northeast, it has open 3x3 HD Gear, 26" airstreaks, ext baggage and LR 44 Gal fuel tanks. We looked her over real well, did some ground testing, taxi testing and runway flights prior to the pattern flights. A great job taking nearly 3 years to complete working part time. Smile tells the story!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Keneston; 02-01-2018 at 04:07 PM.
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region
    518.410.9404

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mark Keneston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Posts
    416

    Default Re: The EX2 Kit builder

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Keneston View Post
    Just a quick shout out to one of our kit builders Gordon G. and to all those working on a kit or now flying one. Most would agree this is one of the best values in aviation. We have 5-6 kits in the area either in process or recently completed and in phase one now. One quote I heard today was "This is the best kit ever and the factory support has been awesome"

    This I a great opportunity to build the plane you want as you want it. If your considering a Kit Plane, it makes sense to talk with one of the happy cutomers that went before you. This is Gordons soon to EX2 Amphib with Garmin G3x, AP and float controller.

    Nice work Gordon and thank you from all of us at CubCrafters! MK
    Visted another one of our kit builders who finished his 3 yr build on an EX CC 1865. Nice job with a very cool panel and good options. Congratulations Tom.

    Check out this video I made with the GoPro Quik app.
    https://quik.gopro.com/v/zuxEZzACck/
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region
    518.410.9404

  4. #4
    Senior Member David H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rochester, Michigan
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: The EX2 Kit builder

    Nice Pics!

    Great job builders! (I'm installing avionics on my EX2 so... ?this year?)

    Mark is that green tape a factory option window seal method?

    David

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mark Keneston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Posts
    416

    Default Re: The EX2 Kit builder

    Quote Originally Posted by David H View Post
    Nice Pics!

    Great job builders! (I'm installing avionics on my EX2 so... ?this year?)

    Mark is that green tape a factory option window seal method?

    David
    It's left over Doc from when really cold but yes the combo of the factory weather strip and my painters tape keeps it like a drum sealed tight and really warm. Easily added or removed with no sticky residue left behind. Please post some progress pics of your EX2. Thanks MK
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region
    518.410.9404

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    372

    Default Re: The EX2 Kit builder

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Keneston View Post
    It's left over Doc from when really cold but yes the combo of the factory weather strip and my painters tape keeps it like a drum sealed tight and really warm. Easily added or removed with no sticky residue left behind. Please post some progress pics of your EX2. Thanks MK
    Hmmmm......somehow I missed seeing you on those really cold days

    Glenn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •