Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you COLD?

Default Are you COLD?

You guys need some help. My cub makes a ton of heat even below zero but when I land all the CC guys are freezing. I don't understand why CC doesn't offer heated seats to help out, they don't draw that many amps? If not seats then why not rechargeable heated coats? When we met up with Scouter last month in VT on that -12 day Jim was wearing a Milwaukee heated contractors coat. CC needs to look at what Harley Davidson realized a few years back. They increased sales knowing that HD owner love their machines and want to wear clothing that displays that love. CC is missing the boat in the apparel game with you guys. I would bet that everyone of you would buy an over priced heated jacket embroidered up with CC bling. With modern batteries these things work great, All CC would have to do is get someone like the folks who make the Milwaukee coats to logo them with a CC logo, or better yet, a custom logo of your plane color and N#. No reason to be cold.
    Or..................just go buy a Milwaukee Jacket and advertise for them. Just trying to help

Glenn

Default Re: Are you COLD?

I guess all of you are tougher then I thought. I guess seeing CC drivers with blankets on their lap while flying must all be a dream? One of them now has a down parka thats so puffy that a couple hundred ducks musta croaked just to fill it

Glenn
    Last edited by Cubdriver2; 02-09-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    I guess all of you are tougher then I thought. I guess seeing CC drivers with blankets on their lap while flying must all be a dream? One of them now has a down parka thats so puffy that a couple hundred ducks musta croaked just to fill it

Glenn
    Don't know about the dead ducks but I'm not to proud to say I have a nice light fleece blanket that does the job on the coldest of days. Although I have softened up a bit now setting -10 as my lower limit.
    Last edited by 40m; 02-09-2018 at 05:10 PM.

I’m not cold it was 70 here yesterday. Guessing they would rather be cold in a CC then fly a Piper😂. Pipers are kinda like a Ford with heated tail gate so your hands don’t get cold pushing it home. 🤣 No worries those couple hundred ducks were all therapy ducks since there not allowed to bring them on the airlines anymore figured they turned them in to blankets and sell them. They are lacking in the heat department but they have worked hard to fix that now the new FX3 got enough heat for 3 cubs. Maybe they’ll even have some kinda retrofit for the CC one day.
    Isnt today the big day polar plunge your gonna wish you had one of those therapy blankets when you guys get out that ☃️
    Have fun
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    I’m not cold it was 70 here yesterday. Guessing they would rather be cold in a CC then fly a Piper😂. Pipers are kinda like a Ford with heated tail gate so your hands don’t get cold pushing it home. 🤣 No worries those couple hundred ducks were all therapy ducks since there not allowed to bring them on the airlines anymore figured they turned them in to blankets and sell them. They are lacking in the heat department but they have worked hard to fix that now the new FX3 got enough heat for 3 cubs. Maybe they’ll even have some kinda retrofit for the CC one day.
    Isnt today the big day polar plunge your gonna wish you had one of those therapy blankets when you guys get out that ☃️
    Have fun
    Haaaaa Haaaaaaaahaaaaaaa LOL Therapy Ducks Still laughing MK
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Keneston View Post
    Haaaaa Haaaaaaaahaaaaaaa LOL Therapy Ducks Still laughing MK

Waldo never showed up

Glenn

I solved the "no heat" problem.
    I leave the cold SOB in the hanger and go to Floruda to my boat in the winter.

My CC produces almost no heat and I have always wondered why it's so hard for them to fix the problem.
    I guess it doesn't get cold at the factory.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    Waldo never showed up

Glenn
    Joe and I waited all day for you two to show up had camera crew and EMS ready

Patrick Horgan
    President
    CubCrafters | Yakima WA

I read all that, the part about " Cub cabins are notoriously drafty " is true but I used to spend 5hr days in a C85 J3 between -10F and 10F and was fairly comfortable all day. Sad that all sport cubs and CC don't make half the heat that a 77 year old 85hp J3 makes. It's nice to see that the FX3 has better heat but what about the couple hundred + SS and CC blue lipped flyers still stuttering while flying? We have 6 months of winter and 6 months of rough sledding around here most years and my CC friends shake till the 4th of July

Glenn