Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Joke! It’s cold!

Default Re: No Joke! It’s cold!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I don't see a problem with them.
    I know, they do everything very well.
    What I meant by that statement was it does everything so well that you don't get the FULL experience of all of it.
    I've been flying skis for 24 years now, been stuck a hundred times. Have flown over some place for years wondering if I could get in and out of some smaller space before finally landing it. It's exciting to push your comfort level and then make it happen. CC does it so well and is easy to fly that it takes a lot of the challenge out of it. Every plane before it you always could get into someplace but might likely not get back out. With a CC you always can get back out if you can get in. I guess what I'm saying is I enjoy the struggle of it being harder not easier. I think it's an amazing airplane just not as good of a teacher as something with a lower power to weight ratio. Throttle saves 95% of all your sins in a CC.

Or maybe I'm just jealous I don't have one

Glenn

Default Re: No Joke! It’s cold!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    I know, they do everything very well.
    What I meant by that statement was it does everything so well that you don't get the FULL experience of all of it.
    I've been flying skis for 24 years now, been stuck a hundred times. Have flown over some place for years wondering if I could get in and out of some smaller space before finally landing it. It's exciting to push your comfort level and then make it happen. CC does it so well and is easy to fly that it takes a lot of the challenge out of it. Every plane before it you always could get into someplace but might likely not get back out. With a CC you always can get back out if you can get in. I guess what I'm saying is I enjoy the struggle of it being harder not easier. I think it's an amazing airplane just not as good of a teacher as something with a lower power to weight ratio. Throttle saves 95% of all your sins in a CC.

Or maybe I'm just jealous I don't have one

Glenn
    My worn-out 65 cub was a challenge ski flying, if the snow was wet I couldn't even get out of my own strip. My 90 hp supercub at 1050 enpty could be a challenge on wet or deep snow. My how fast 30 years passed with those two old friends. Have less than 2 years on the carbon cub, it is a different experience.