Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TacAero suspension test: Stock bungees, AOSS, TK1, and Acme "Black Ops" Gen3

Default Re: TacAero suspension test: Stock bungees, AOSS, TK1, and Acme "Black Ops" Gen3

Quote Originally Posted by David H View Post
    Chuck,
    Do you have any pictures of your factory visit you can share?
    David
    The coil of spring wire feeding this machine not visible is about 6’ in dia sitting in a cage just waiting to explode😬
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Default Re: TacAero suspension test: Stock bungees, AOSS, TK1, and Acme "Black Ops" Gen3

I NEED one of those laser etchers! Not sure why, I just do...

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    The coil of spring wire feeding this machine not visible is about 6’ in dia sitting in a cage just waiting to explode😬

Acme promised answers for my Gen 2 shock failure per my 5-23 post. It has now been 5 months since the failure, and still radio silence from Acme. I still love the performance of My Gen 3 shocks, but I would highly recommend safety cables for everyone. I just heard of another Gen 2 failure that I am looking into....

Does anyone have recent or cumulative experience to report on the Acme "Black Ops" Gen 3 shocks for the CCSS? There were many comments after the December 2017 TacAero test report, but it has been quiet since last August. I had thought that Cub Crafters was testing them, but I haven’t heard anything.

Thanks,
    John

Get a set of TK1’s from Tony at Shock Monster....we’ll over 760 landings on mine now with 31’s and a T3 on the tail, Both Tony and Dan are great guys to work with....put this setup on mine 2 years ago and never looked back!

I have the black ops on my EX. Way better than bungie's and AOSS in my opinion. (AOSS on our PA12)

Big difference on skis. Soaked up a few bad landings that would have been a go around on bungies.

Haven't flown TK1s so I can't compare.

Jake

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

John,
    Ive been flying the Acme Gen 3's for over a year now and LOVE them. Recommend them to all my customers since then, and none of them have had anything but delight with them.
    I have not tried the TK1's, but their profile is way bigger than the acme's, so more drag. They also only have air in them, so if both seals fail..... you are bottoming out.
    I like the fact that the acme's have oil, air AND a spring... so if the air seal goes it wont bottom out.

I love them.

Rick Bosshardt
    SunCountry Cubs
    CubCrafters Dealer for AZ/NM/UT/CO/southern WY
    www.suncountrycubs.com

Rick, I haven’t heard of one seal failure, much less two on the TK1’s dual shock system... These are nitrogen charged..not air. Based on real world testing...I went the TK1 route and never looked back. A dual shock system might be a tad more drag,but I’ll gladly pay that price for piece of mind in strength. Having been in the aviation maintenance business for 40 plus years I liked what I saw in the TK1 product. I wanted to try the Acmes before I committed to either, but playing phone tag with them got old quick..plus real would testing was positive on the TK1’s..Supercub.org has good write ups on both if any are on the fence about buying. I do know if any problems occur...Tony will be on it quick.

Yes, as in all things in life, there are many different options and none are 100% bad or 100% good!
    So we all get to choose our own way, which is as it should be. Everyone has their own preference....

Rick Bosshardt
    SunCountry Cubs
    CubCrafters Dealer for AZ/NM/UT/CO/southern WY
    www.suncountrycubs.com

Quote Originally Posted by jartz View Post
    Does anyone have recent or cumulative experience to report on the Acme "Black Ops" Gen 3 shocks for the CCSS? There were many comments after the December 2017 TacAero test report, but it has been quiet since last August. I had thought that Cub Crafters was testing them, but I haven’t heard anything.

Thanks,
    John
    John
    I put about 3-400 hrs on the Gen2s, about 800 hrs on the Acme Gen3s and probably have 3-400 hrs on the pro series, I’ve flown probably 20hrs on Beringer’s, 1000hrs on AOSS,500hrs on Bungees,100hrs BungeesW/Hydrosorbs, I’ve never flown the Airshocks, theres plenty of guys that like them I’m sure they work fine just wasn’t something I wanted to try,for me I like the Acme pro series there a little stiffer then the Gen3s and they have worked extremely well for me. For now I think these are the best for what I do. You here good and bad with all of them. I had a guy tell me once him and his buddy regularly bend the gear leg bolts with the air shock. I’ve heard the Acme broke, I’ve seen a few of AOSS snapped in two and probably 1/2 dozen where the bungees broke, I helped change the bungees once and the hydrosorb fell into 2 pcs when we cut the old bungees.
    Chuck
    Last edited by Springloaded; 06-05-2019 at 06:46 PM.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News