Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TacAero suspension test: Stock bungees, AOSS, TK1, and Acme "Black Ops" Gen3

Default Re: TacAero suspension test: Stock bungees, AOSS, TK1, and Acme "Black Ops" Gen3

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bosshardt View Post
    Thx Chuck! Im excited to try them.

Nice looking BA red Cub in the pasture!!!
    Hehe
    can I borrow yours Mike wants his back🤦
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Springloaded; 01-21-2018 at 07:34 AM.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Default Re: TacAero suspension test: Stock bungees, AOSS, TK1, and Acme "Black Ops" Gen3

Suspension weights, based on info from CubCrafters and TacAero:
    Bungees -- baseline
    Acme and AOSS -- + 5.6Lb
    TK1 -- + 13.6Lb

Installed my Black Ops, Gen 3 about two weeks ago and put about 4 hours on them. The are definitely a nice improvement over my AOSS. No first bounce like you can get with the AOSS and I can definitely feel a softer ride when landing and traversing over 6 - 10" rocks. I built covers for them because I was bored and waiting for flyable weather here in the NWAttachment 7362.

I have a pair of AOSS for sale, contact me if interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

Good to see the reports like this one and Bob’s on the Berringer gear. I’ve been satisfied with my AOSS gear but newer technology is what drives improvements in performance.

I am thinking that with my 31s and 6 pounds of air pressure the benefits of either wouldn’t be as noticeable. But I’d like to be proven otherwise. 😀
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

I've had the pleasure of running 31's with 6psi on both the FX2 and FX3 and both running AOSS and Acme's In both airframes I can tell you there is a huge difference between the AOSS and the Acme's especially in the Gen 3's on the FX3. I have the Gen 2's on my FX2 and they are great but the Gen 3's are next level even above that and I thought the Gen 2's where a complete level above the AOSS when I first flew them on my FX2

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    Good to see the reports like this one and Bob’s on the Berringer gear. I’ve been satisfied with my AOSS gear but newer technology is what drives improvements in performance.

I am thinking that with my 31s and 6 pounds of air pressure the benefits of either wouldn’t be as noticeable. But I’d like to be proven otherwise. 😀
    Mike Sasser
    Boomerang Air
    mike@boomerangair.net

OK,AR,TX,LA
    www.cubcrafters.com

I agree Mike, I've also been running 31's with 4-6 lbs on both AOSS and Gen 3"s and there is a difference and when you combine it with the T3 tailwheel everything softens. It's amazing how much shock comes thru the airframe from the tailwheel.
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post

I'll keep your Aoss warm while you experiment with the Acme

Glenn

According to Waldo aka Candy Ass there ain't nothing warm in NY right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    I'll keep your Aoss warm while you experiment with the Acme

Glenn
    Mike Sasser
    Boomerang Air
    mike@boomerangair.net

OK,AR,TX,LA
    www.cubcrafters.com

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCubDriver View Post
    According to Waldo aka Candy Ass there ain't nothing warm in NY right now!!

Different attitudes, I'm colorblind so black & white ( snow ) suits me fine. He thinks on a more complex platform. He wants color ( green ) all the time. Sun is overrated, it just gets in your eyes while flying. Waldo needs sun to justify wearing those cool dude sunglasses all the time.

Glenn

What number bungees are being tested, and whats the empty weight of the airplane?? Stock bungees-there is no such thing. They need to be matched to the airframe. John your a salesman.