Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TacAero suspension test: Stock bungees, AOSS, TK1, and Acme "Black Ops" Gen3

Default Re: TacAero suspension test: Stock bungees, AOSS, TK1, and Acme "Black Ops" Gen3

Do you guys have any weight comparison specifications for the different systems?

I like the talk of something in development for the tail.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Default Re: TacAero suspension test: Stock bungees, AOSS, TK1, and Acme "Black Ops" Gen3

Acme Gen3 Black Ops at 7 lbs ea are the lightest upgrade available. Bungees are a couple pounds less. I'm looking for reliable info on weights for other suspensions. The available choices are probably close enough in weight that performance would be the primary basis for comparison.

You'll likely see a tail assy at SunNFun.
    Last edited by John Hodges; 01-03-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jim plaster View Post
    I'm running 26" Airstreaks on a CCSS and would love some rebound/dampening on the rougher runways. Even when aired down on the tires....the bird is like riding an old pogo stick when it's rough. Like the other guy....I'm concerned a bit about the aluminum strut. Still on the fence here.....maybe a New Years Sale will push me over edge on buying a set...lol! Are you running and safety cables as an insurance policy on the aluminum strut?
    31" ABW's

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    31" ABW's
    The “Big Tire Pilots” on Facebook all say TK1 Shock monster suspension. Any thoughts?

Lou,

You will be able to see and fly the Black Ops Gen3 on BA Red at Sebring. I flew the TK1 back to back with the Acme Black Ops and there is no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by WetCub View Post
    The “Big Tire Pilots” on Facebook all say TK1 Shock monster suspension. Any thoughts?
    Mike Sasser
    Boomerang Air
    mike@boomerangair.net

OK,AR,TX,LA
    www.cubcrafters.com

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCubDriver View Post
    Lou,

You will be able to see and fly the Black Ops Gen3 on BA Red at Sebring. I flew the TK1 back to back with the Acme Black Ops and there is no comparison.
    Wow BA red and shocks that make me look like a better pilot,let’s don’t tell my wife. Sebring will be a real treat. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hodges View Post
    Acme Gen3 Black Ops at 7 lbs ea are the lightest upgrade available. Bungees are a couple pounds less. I'm looking for reliable info on weights for other suspensions. The available choices are probably close enough in weight that performance would be the primary basis for comparison.

You'll likely see a tail assy at SunNFun.
    Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have made about 30 landing the last 2 days in Mikes BA RED1. These new Gen3 shocks are just plan Bad A$$. I have put it pastures, narrow roads where it pulling you side to side, Ive dropped it in as high as I dare in Mikes plane and it feel like a perfect landing,these things just suck it up. They have yet to put me back up in the air.No more aluminum connecting rod. They’ve gotten all the roll out of them so nobody will be complaining about it wobbling around on uneven terrain.They don’t seem to compress when you do a max take off or taxing up on the tail, seemed to eliminate all the bunny hopping when applying max braking. These are 5 times better then the Gen 2s I have on my plane.
    Great Job Acme!!
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Red1 hanging in the pasture.

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    I have made about 30 landing the last 2 days in Mikes BA RED1. These new Gen3 shocks are just plan Bad A$$. I have put it pastures, narrow roads where it pulling you side to side, Ive dropped it in as high as I dare in Mikes plane and it feel like a perfect landing,these things just suck it up. They have yet to put me back up in the air.No more aluminum connecting rod. They’ve gotten all the roll out of them so nobody will be complaining about it wobbling around on uneven terrain.They don’t seem to compress when you do a max take off or taxing up on the tail, seemed to eliminate all the bunny hopping when applying max braking. These are 5 times better then the Gen 2s I have on my plane.
    Great Job Acme!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Sasser
    Boomerang Air
    mike@boomerangair.net

OK,AR,TX,LA
    www.cubcrafters.com

Thx Chuck! Im excited to try them.

Nice looking BA red Cub in the pasture!!!

Rick Bosshardt
    SunCountry Cubs
    CubCrafters Dealer for AZ/NM/UT/CO/southern WY
    www.suncountrycubs.com