Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XCub Counted Among "Airplanes You Can Actually Buy in 2018"

Default XCub Counted Among "Airplanes You Can Actually Buy in 2018"

The Automotive Territory Channel is is not usually on our radar, but they recently posted this video about "affordable" airplanes, and XCub is included. The producer's auto roots are betrayed when they state that the XCub's "trunk can be filled for a week-long expedition".

Default Re: XCub Counted Among "Airplanes You Can Actually Buy in 2018"

Great to see the coverage. But you probably can't buy in 2018 - we ordered an XCub last year, and our expected April delivery has been pushed to around September due to production issues.

Worth the wait!

Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post
    Great to see the coverage. But you probably can't buy in 2018
    That's true. earliest delivery position open at the time of this writing is March 13, 2019 but right now the FX models are most popular, and the earliest delivery position for one of those is May 20, 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by John Whitish View Post
    That's true. earliest delivery position open at the time of this writing is March 13, 2019 but right now the FX models are most popular, and the earliest delivery position for one of those is May 20, 2019.
    It's great to see them doing so well with their sales. I hope they can keep the prices down, while increasing the pace of deliveries! And while we wait for the XCub late this year, we're considering a used Carbon Cub for the summer.

Any commentary on why the FX models are the most popular? I'd guess combination of price, flexibility and capabilities, whereas the XCub is turnkey, but has some limitations too. Any thoughts on pros and cons?

CORRECTION! I read the schedule wrong... May 20 is the START DATE for the next available FX build. The delivery position is AUGUST 12, 2019. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks to John Hodges for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post
    It's great to see them doing so well with their sales. I hope they can keep the prices down, while increasing the pace of deliveries! And while we wait for the XCub late this year, we're considering a used Carbon Cub for the summer.

Any commentary on why the FX models are the most popular? I'd guess combination of price, flexibility and capabilities, whereas the XCub is turnkey, but has some limitations too. Any thoughts on pros and cons?
    A used airplane is great way to scratch the itch until your new one is ready.

FX vs. XCub is a big discussion. Who wants to chime in?

A used airplane is great way to scratch the itch until your new one is ready.

FX vs. XCub is a big discussion. Who wants to chime in?
    i presently own my second carbon cub and have about 800 hours in type. They fly like nothing I have ever owned. My biggest issue is I need more speed and range on my month-long summertime journeys, but I am not willing to give up the fun factor of a carbon cub. The xcub would suit me fine if I hadn’t experienced the carbon cub, but it is not just as much fun to fly (rate of climb, to/lnd distance, responsiveness). The fx3 offers the fun + the speed, range, and payload. I get mine this summer, can’t wait; I imagine that fx3s are being sold to carbon cub customers, they can truly appreciate the difference.

Depends on what you want -- Jeep Rubicon or Range Rover. High speed proximity flying G-ing up with full control deflection in an XCub is an amazing experience -- so is taking on 80' gravel bars in a Carbon Cub. However, switching roles will pucker your bung.

By the numbers, comparing a "typically equipped" FX-3 and XCub, the XCub will allow about 100 lb. more useful load. With the same tires, the XCub will cruise 10 MPH faster and carry you 100 miles further. I find the XCub more comfortable, front and rear, and the cabin is better appointed. However, with Oregon Aero seats in the FX-3, that benefit is likely moderated.

For many, the meaningful difference in the XCub is FAA Part 23 certification.