Thread: Spare grove wheels for my 29s

Default Spare grove wheels for my 29s

Xmas came early and I got a set of airstreak 2.0 29s.
    To save the hassle of swapping from 8.50s for my Summit skis, I was going to try to find a set of grove wheels to leave on the 29s.

Grove wants to know the SN# to order just the wheel. They have a bunch of 6” wheels. Do the wheels come with the brake disk installed? Or should I buy the complete set and end up with a spare caliper and pads?

Thanks,

Jake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Default Re: Spare grove wheels for my 29s

Quote Originally Posted by c130jake View Post
    Xmas came early and I got a set of airstreak 2.0 29s.
    To save the hassle of swapping from 8.50s for my Summit skis, I was going to try to find a set of grove wheels to leave on the 29s.

Grove wants to know the SN# to order just the wheel. They have a bunch of 6” wheels. Do the wheels come with the brake disk installed? Or should I buy the complete set and end up with a spare caliper and pads?

Thanks,

Jake
    I would get wheels, brake discs (so you won't have to take the wheels apart when you swap), calipers and brake pads (inner pads require the plate from new caliper). Keep the pads and discs together (and in the same place) when you swap.
    Last edited by Jim G; 12-17-2017 at 10:54 AM.
    JimG

FX3 - N18JG

I think the idea of having two sets of tires with wheels makes good sense. And you’d want the disc to go with it.

I put the 8” tires I use with my wheel penetration skis on an old set of Cleveland wheels I had. The Grove calipers work fine with them.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    I think the idea of having two sets of tires with wheels makes good sense. And you’d want the disc to go with it.

I put the 8” tires I use with my wheel penetration skis on an old set of Cleveland wheels I had. The Grove calipers work fine with them.
    Thanks Dan, that's what I was planning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Jake,

If you're getting Grove wheels and rotors, get the offset rotors so you can install the 1.75 calipers. You'll want those if you run big tires. The offset rotors will accept any of the Grove calipers, but the standard rotors won't accept the 1.75s.

Your Acme Black Ops Gen3 shock/struts are on the way, so be sure to let us know how they work with your skis. The guys on wheels who have installed them think they've gone to off-airport Nirvana, but we have yet to get a report on skis. We think the standard calibration will be perfect, but if it turns out that skis like something else, we can tune them to do whatever you need. So let us know.