Thread: NW Super Cub Flyin, Concrete, WA

Default NW Super Cub Flyin, Concrete, WA

1st and 2nd place in the takeoff contest were a pair of Cub Crafters Sport Cubs! George and Tom did a great job representing! Oh, and George turned in to a helicopter and got shortest takeoff overall, if I remember right it was 55 feet! Congratulations guys :-)

Look for the video showing up on my YouTube Channel as soon as I get it edited HERE.

Pete D.

DSCF1809.jpg

Default Re: NW Super Cub Flyin, Concrete, WA

Tom and I had a ball with the STOL contest. We battled back and forth having fun. Our sport cubs were amazing getting us some very short takeoffs, Tom's at 75' and my 7AK at 55'! Who needs a Carbon Cub!
    Tom was able to finesse his landings and I DQ and floated. We were also heavy with 3/4 fuel and some odd and ends.

The best hot rod super cub take off by the more experienced STOL pilots was 61' with most being in the 90's and above, awesome numbers! They were some amazing pilots! With a little more experience and weight preparation we could have a shot at the overall trophy!

My 55' take off was the shortest of the day and was a surprise to everyone! Think about it that is barely over two airplane lengths! I don't credit my pilot skills but to the sport cub abilities and a great deal to the Sensenich composite prop with the 46 pitch climb cartridge! The thrust is immediate with that prop combination!

Not bad for a pair of old S1s!!! Now if we can just get the "extended gear" for a higher pitch attitude......

Pete D. will be posting the videos soon

Here is the link to the supercub.org thread

http://www.supercub.org/phpbb2/viewt...=251890#251890

Thanks for the support and encouragement from the CC staff, Stan, Eric, Pete and Jas and my flying buddies John and of course Tom!

Geo
    www.couleeairservices.com

Great (work??) George and Tom: Looks like fun...I wish I lived closer to you guys. Ralph

Geo was asking if I had uploaded the videos yet. I just finished uploading the last couple of them tonight, the others have been up for a few days. Direct links here:

Heavy Touring

Bush class STOL competition

Light Touring STOL competition

Light Sport STOL competition

George Hoover's 55' Sport Cub takeoff

Pete D.
    Last edited by Pete D; 07-08-2010 at 08:58 PM.