Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Infinity stick grips.

Default Re: Infinity stick grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Horgan View Post
    Some caution here folks. Please be aware that lengthening a pilot control stick, even just a little by using added grip length, can significantly increase the loads in the flight control system as was confirmed on the Xcub design & certification effort. The EX & EX-2 control systems are designed and tested for the stick length provided with the kit. Xcub & our new EX-3 / FX-3 models include longer sticks/grips and the flight control structure was strengthened to accommodate this, and structurally tested for validation.

Attachment 6927

Pat
    how do you account for the pilot size and strength. how do I at 72 & 170# compair with a 30 something at 200#. I'd like my EX stick about 3-4 inches longer.

Default Re: Infinity stick grips.

Quote Originally Posted by lbell View Post
    how do you account for the pilot size and strength. how do I at 72 & 170# compare with a 30 something at 200#. I'd like my EX stick about 3-4 inches longer.
    Thanks for your question. The control system components see aerodynamic loads, not just pilot input. As far as accounting for the pilot forces that are inputted into the control stick (such as against the stops), these come from well defined FAA design standards and represent forces that both you and the younger stud/studette are capable of applying. Arbitrarily lengthening your EX stick 3 to 4 inches, without structural system upgrades, is not recommended.

On the new FX-3/EX-3 Carbon Cub, we lengthened the pilot control stick point of contact where your hand grabs by 1 inch. From the top of the EX stick to the top of the new Xcub style stick grip, the total length change is 2.8 inches. You can see here that the control system needed to be upsized, much in part to lengthening of the stick. The colored components are all new and some other refinements were made further aft as well.
    http://cubcrafters.com/3
    SK95000.jpg
    Last edited by Pat Horgan; 12-07-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    Patrick Horgan
    President
    CubCrafters | Yakima WA

Default CC160 Carbon Cub PTT button

The transmit button is painfully small to push on to transmit.
    is there a larger button that will fit in the stick?