Thread: Realistic Build Time

Default Realistic Build Time

How many hours and months did it take you to build your EX-2. Looking for a realistic average.

Eddie

Default Re: Realistic Build Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lefoy84 View Post
    How many hours and months did it take you to build your EX-2. Looking for a realistic average.

Eddie
    I took 10.5 months. Work a full time job as well. 7 to 10pm most week nights and 10 to 12 hrs each day on the weekend when I could. Much less time on it when I got it to the airport. Around 1000hrs. Key is to keep the momentum and build at home, many start and stop on the project many times. It just drags it out. This was my 5th airplane build so keep that in mind. 1 st cub build though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I built an EX, 19 months and 750hrs (excluding yellow topcoat which was sprayed professionally) first build, working full time, plane was built at airport 45min from my home.

Pete Meyer
    Severna Park, MD
    CCK-1865-0078
    ✈️N9PW
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

17 months working full time. 2-3 hrs weekdays and 4-6 hrs a day weekends. I did have a friend helper along the way. The best thing about this project is you get it all in a professionally packaged crate, and I mean all of it. You are not building an airplane, more like assembling it. Add to that the tech support, which is a phone call away, pretty much guaranties success, in my opinion.

Rudy