Thread: 3x3 bungee gear and safety cables

Default 3x3 bungee gear and safety cables

Installing the Atlee Dodge safety cables on my CC11 that has the 3x3 bungee gear. Mine also has the metal airfoil covers over the bungees. The center bracket for the lower cable set interferes with the metal covers if it's installed per Atlees paperwork. Looking on other sites...some guys simply invert the bracket and problem solved. Has anyone run into this problem ? What about putting this bracket and the cabane cable bracket both on the back side of the cabane? Sure would make a cleaner setup. Ideas and/or pics would help...thanks. Going to replace the bungees due to time as well...do these use the Supercub 3/4 x8"., 1280 rings or the standard CC11 rings since the 3x3 is the Supercub setup?...UPDATE...according to CC..the shock rings are not the same due to the reduced gross weight of the Carbon Cub..also spoke with Atlee on inverting the forward cabane bracket to clear the airfoil bungee covers, they said inverting it was no problem. The jury is still out on the use of cables on the Carbon Cub,but as cheap insurance against strut/ bungee failure ..I'll try them.
    Last edited by jim plaster; 10-12-2017 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Update