Thread: Narco AT165 Mode C transponder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Narco AT165 Mode C transponder

This transponder was installed new in August of 2010 to replace a Narco transponder that had been installed in the 1980's. It was a slide in replacement. This was one of the last made before Narco went out of business. So it would be an ideal replacement for a Narco unit going bad today. This transponder passed the biannual check in August of 2016. It was removed in December of 2016 to be replaced with an ADS-B unit.

It includes an ACK-A-30 Blind Encoder. The original Narco was installed in a 24 volt system Cessna and includes wiring to a 24-12 volt converter. This unit does not need the converter but it was already part of the original installation.

$200. PM if interested.

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg
    Last edited by Dan L; 01-09-2019 at 02:30 PM.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Default Re: Narco AT165 Mode C transponder

Hi -

Do you still have your old Narco AT 165? If so I'm interested in it.

Thanks,
    Gary

Yes I do. I didn't see your post until now. In fact I updated at this recently and lowered the price. You asked at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    Yes I do. I didn't see your post until now. In fact I updated at this recently and lowered the price. You asked at the right time.
    Oh darn, I found another one already and have scheduled to have it installed and checked. Sorry I couldn't wait very long for your reply. I added uAvionix ADSB out unit which relies on the aircraft having a Mode C transponder. As luck would have it my old Narco AT 50A failed the next day. I'm trying to get the FAA ADSB rebate so time is critical and I jumped on the first one that fit what I needed.

I'll keep yours in mind if I hear of anyone around the airport that is looking for one.

Cheers!
    Gary

SOLD

Well you could get this one as a backup. A repair of any kind would be more expensive than mine.
    Last edited by Dan L; 01-11-2019 at 04:47 PM.