Thread: Rivet Holes for Wing Fabric

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rivet Holes for Wing Fabric

On page 181 of the wing manual is the instruction to drill one 0.125 inch hole forward on top leading edge of the trailing edge rib as per Figure W62.
    The typical drawing W62 appears to show Rib#6. Does this hole drilling instruction apply to all ribs #6 through rib #11?

Default Re: Rivet Holes for Wing Fabric

All holes shown in W62 came predrilled from the factory. If yours are not drilled then they should be drilled.

Now the extra hole show in drawing W63 needs to be drilled. Be sure to mark or flag this hole as it is important to place just a single rivet here when covering, it can be easy to forget. This rivet pulls the fabric down and out of the way for the aileron cable pulley.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by aeroaddict; 09-03-2017 at 06:16 AM.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Thanks for the comments, comparing my ribs with W62, it seems mine have not been pre-drilled.
    Does this instruction apply to all ribs from Rib 6 to Rib 11?

Quote Originally Posted by aeroaddict View Post
    All holes shown in W62 came predrilled from the factory. If yours are not drilled then they should be drilled.

Now the extra hole show in drawing W63 needs to be drilled. Be sure to mark or flag this hole as it is important to place just a single rivet here when covering, it can be easy to forget. This rivet pulls the fabric down and out of the way for the aileron cable pulley.

Hope this helps.

I would say yes. There are some false trailing ribs (3 if I recall) that do not need drilling as they do not get the rivets for the fabric.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL