Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newbie out n around Northeast

Default Re: Newbie out n around Northeast

As Mark stated, "Operation Baby Shower" as planned and executed by Jim Crane, of the Maine Crane Clan, was pulled off with charismatic charm and finesse. I added a dissertation over on supercub.org but Mark summed it up nicely above.

I'll add a couple of fun photos of the event.

FVfkNy3ZSDatP6TKehYyPg.jpg

5 Carbon Cubs, 2 PA-18-150's, 1 PA-18-100, 1 Wag-Aero 2+2, and a well loved RV-8.

DSC_3165.jpg

DSC_3197.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Keneston View Post
    Can’t say enough great things about our family of NE taildragger pilots. Jim Crane gathered a gaggle of us together for a “Baby Shower” for the new arrival of 40M.

This was to be a surprise for Glen and so it was. 10 planes gathered at Browns 1VT8 which is a posh sod grass strip. Agusta National is its only competition. Special thanks to Mtn Bob for a splendid breakfast he put on for the 10 Pilots and there birds. Browns sits in first ridge of the Green Mountains of VT. The views west are incredible. Glen still with no clue. We visited with Bob and then we all said our faux good byes and separated and flew to Symon VT66. It’s another slice of heaven, 1100’ of beautiful turf nestled in the Champlain valley and just 4 miles east of the big Lake. This is a 250 acre parcel with a special pheasant farm for the outdoorsman in all of us. Again thanks to Judy and Brenda for setting up a great surprise for Glen. Even after landing he still had no idea.

Together with some of his closest family and friends, we helped Glen celebrate the arrival of his new baby. N40M. Thanks to all of you who attended and Dan Dufault for a great job well done. Glen loves it!. Congratulations!
    To say I was surprised is an understatement, I was blown away!!! This was a Classic setup by the Crane's of Maine. An unsuspecting mark, several wonderful woman and a great flying fraternity who for a month kept radio silence. Thank you!!!DSC_3206.jpg

And a big thanks to the man, the myth, the maine legend, Jim Crane. A man never knew a better friend.

DSC_3182.jpg

DSC_33021.jpg

DSC_3353.jpg

DSC_3390.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brown View Post
    And a big thanks to the man, the myth, the maine legend, Jim Crane. A man never knew a better friend.

DSC_3182.jpg

DSC_33021.jpg

DSC_3353.jpg

DSC_3390.jpg

Just got my head above water this morning. Frito Lay is on the July 4 push in production, and we are the last farm in the northeast with last years crop still shipping. Its been management by chaos trying to cover loads with trucks.
    I need to thank all of you who helped in this plan. Its really hard to keep something like this on the down low, especially from Glenn who is about the most perceptive person I know. I have been involved with Glenn since the inception of his idea to have a EX2 put together. I have learned as much as he has, there isnt an part or an option that he and I havent discussed. Right down to the color. I havent a dime invested, but I sure have gained a great deal of knowledge. Thanks Glenn

I will dare say this was the best weekend flying weather any of us have ever seen in our lives. It was just perfect. Thanks to our pal bob down on the mountain who put on a great breakfast.
    also to Brenda and Judy who cooked and decorated and ran the show, thumbs up to Dan Dufault and his talents, its top shelf
    Most of all thanks to all of you who left your families at home and spent the day celebrating a bona fide dream coming true for our friend Glenn. I know you will enjoy your new bird, and we are so happy for you.

Couple of things of note;

sure was nice to see Glenn G and Tim trading barbs again like old time
    It must be considered a real success since the phone rang a couple times from the irate neighbors , something about noise and smoke and horses
    Carbon Joe better start back with the donuts or he is going to fall away
    Peter Brown is a rock star photographer, I sat up half the night poring over pix of my twins
    Mark Keneston of CubCrafters said it best, we have a great group of folks here in the northeast, true words

thanks everybody

jim

Next stop is Lockhaven, PA............... Whos with me????????????
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region

Next stop is Lockhaven, PA............... Whos with me????????????
    What day you headed there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    What day you headed there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wednesday or Thursday am early Tom
    Cub Crafters

Wednesday or Thursday am early Tom
    The New NXCub is coming to the Northeast and your invited to participate. See other forum post or reach me directly. You do not want to miss this. Starting 9/19/19
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cub Crafters