Thread: Single Landing Light Installation, which wing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Single Landing Light Installation, which wing?

I have opted for a single landing light installation. There is no specification in the wing manual as to which wing should have the landing light attached. Convention tells me it should be the left wing as depicted in finished kits, but I have only been supplied with a wiring harness labelled RH in the lighting kit which also includes the Aveo Flash nav lights.
    If the stall warning is to be installed on the left wing (as specified) does that indicate that the landing light be installed on the right wing? I realise that there are options to have two landing lights and therefore generic instructions, but does that mean the default landing light installation should be on the right side?

Also in the Lighting manual (Sect 1 Page 2) there is locating bracket shown in the Lens Prep photo, does that have a part number or do you have to make one as I cannot find such a part in either the lighting kit or cardboard parts boards?

Default Re: Single Landing Light Installation, which wing?

If you are only installing one landing light, it will go in the left wing. In your lighting kit you will have a leading edge skin with a cut out for the left wing. The wiring harness that comes with the wing kit is for the left wing only. When you purchase the lighting kit, you will receive the harness for the right wing and rudder.

Thanks Mitch, I thought as much, the issue that threw me was the inclusion in the RH Harness in the lighting Kit of the shorter wiring loom (LB14820W-2) which appears to have no function. The terminals of the wiring which stretch to Bay 5 are joined, are they required to be installed. What is their function?

They are for the right landing light, but if you are not installing a right they may be removed.