Thread: Newbie picks up Carbon Cub near Boston

Default Newbie picks up Carbon Cub near Boston

Yesterday I was entrusted to pick up and sell 712CC. A 2015 CC SS with just 113hrs.It is a beautiful airplane with fantastic options and in as new condition.The day started at 5am with a flight in my club airplane with some IFR in the 172 from Saratoga, NY over to Norwood, MA just SW of Boston.The owner of the airplane was not there but he made sure the airplane was ready to go. The fbo staff was one of the best I have seen anywhere prompt & courteous. A few minutes getting it out of the hanger and then some fuel and I was on my way.

Seen here in some photos I made my way to Salmon River Fieldin CT. I had made plans to see a 1989 Super Cub 160 that the owner also wants me to sell. It’s a nice airplane with great pedigree and light weight also. When new it was shipped to Kenya, Africa where it was not used much and today it only has 1000TT or so. I visited there just briefly to get some eyes on the PA18 and then make my way north.

I crossed over the CT river and on to Bethlehem, CT to visit my brother and one of his friends fields and shops. Whelen Field is one of those tucked away places that it is privately owned by a former corporate pilot and a true aviation guy. CFII,AI,A&P etc he has them all. In his shop he was hand building a 7/8th scale P51 Mustang with a gas turbine 1500HP engine. Even the Exhaust stacks are hand made. The craftsmanship was a thing of art. With the tools he has in that shop, he makes anything and everything. So we went to lunch quick and we looked around the hangers some more and he also has a 75ft sail boat that he is now just about done refinishing. The interior is done and exterior is just about complete. It looks as though his retirement is about to set sail for good.

I took a few photos shared here and then jumped in 712CC and headed for home. The winds were forecasted to pick up and they weren't lying. I Had20 mph on the nose at 3000 and made my way to Great Barrington, MA., a cute field I had been too before. I got some fuel and was back on my way. It was just another 40 min over the hill and up the valley a bit past Cohoes Falls. It was a great day of flying 318 miles total and 3 hours of seat time. Now we have another Carbon Cub to sell and a beauty too. Give me a jingle on this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Keneston; 05-20-2017 at 03:31 AM.
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region

Default Re: Newbie picks up Carbon Cub near Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Keneston View Post
    Yesterday I was entrusted to pick up and sell 712CC. A 2015 CC SS with just 113hrs.It is a beautiful airplane with fantastic options and in as new condition.The day started at 5am with a flight in my club airplane with some IFR in the 172 from Saratoga, NY over to Norwood, MA just SW of Boston.The owner of the airplane was not there but he made sure the airplane was ready to go. The fbo staff was one of the best I have seen anywhere prompt & courteous. A few minutes getting it out of the hanger and then some fuel and I was on my way.

Seen here in some photos I made my way to Salmon River Fieldin CT. I had made plans to see a 1989 Super Cub 160 that the owner also wants me to sell. It’s a nice airplane with great pedigree and light weight also. When new it was shipped to Kenya, Africa where it was not used much and today it only has 1000TT or so. I visited there just briefly to get some eyes on the PA18 and then make my way north.

I crossed over the CT river and on to Bethlehem, CT to visit my brother and one of his friends fields and shops. Whelen Field is one of those tucked away places that it is privately owned by a former corporate pilot and a true aviation guy. CFII,AI,A&P etc he has them all. In his shop he was hand building a 7/8th scale P51 Mustang with a gas turbine 1500HP engine. Even the Exhaust stacks are hand made. The craftsmanship was a thing of art. With the tools he has in that shop, he makes anything and everything. So we went to lunch quick and we looked around the hangers some more and he also has a 75ft sail boat that he is now just about done refinishing. The interior is done and exterior is just about complete. It looks as though his retirement is about to set sail for good.

I took a few photos shared here and then jumped in 712CC and headed for home. The winds were forecasted to pick up and they weren't lying. I Had20 mph on the nose at 3000 and made my way to Great Barrington, MA., a cute field I had been too before. I got some fuel and was back on my way. It was just another 40 min over the hill and up the valley a bit past Cohoes Falls. It was a great day of flying 318 miles total and 3 hours of seat time. Now we have another Carbon Cub to sell and a beauty too. Give me a jingle on this one.

Great day of Cubbin!!!
    Mike Sasser
    Boomerang Air
    mike@boomerangair.net

OK,AR,TX,LA
    www.cubcrafters.com