Thread: Bucket list backcountry NW WA/Idaho

Default Bucket list backcountry NW WA/Idaho

Since John Miller in his CC 180HP supercub rebuild and myself in my S1 could not make it to Winifred MT for the flyin we decided to stay in the Columbia river basin of WA and Idaho and spent a glorious weekend bouncing around the remote areas of Northeast WA and North Idaho flying back country and low and slow up the the Columbia River/Roosevelt Lake mid state to the Canadian border. Tim A. with his Carbon X shared that day with us! Landing many airports and as many off airport landings!

At a beautiful grass back country strip in NE WA called Sullivan lake we were coming in when 3 cubs were taking off and one happened to be Royce in his Carbon Cub. We ran into them again later at Sandpoint ID, their home base, all of us entering the pattern one after the other. There were 5 cubs lined up at the gas pumps! Plus another carbon cub X taxis up!

Cubcrafters is being well represented at least across the Northwest!

It was an awesome weekend another bucket list item fulfilled. I will follow up with pictures later.

Geo....www.couleeairservices.com

Default Re: Bucket list backcountry NW WA/Idaho

Looks like beautiful country and great weather! I see Carbon Cub N155PC is at Johnson Creek. When are you planning on arriving?

Eric

Hey Eric, I'm not going to Johnson Creek but John Miller and Tim Adolpson are on their way and are at Ykm tonight.

Geo