So a few weeks back I took a Saturday AM flight. A few minutes into the flight the display on the TY91 went blank and after cycling power screen came back on. After this there was no sidetone, could not hear my voice when transmitting over radio. After about 30-40 min later sidetone came back. After landing I checked connectors and preformed ops ground check, all okay. Flew a few more times later that week without issue. Plane sat for past 2 weeks, went to fly yesterday and no sidetone again...never came back. Went home and grabbed the manual, checked to see what type of user sidetone control the unit offers. Unit was set around 10% (graphic bar readout), I adjusted this and performed ground check. If I turned it all the way up I could just make out my voice while transmitting. I tired both LEMO ports with two separate headsets, not that I thought that would make a difference as intercom function works in both positions.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issues with the Trig. I'm thinking whatever happened when the display blanked out one me might be the root cause. Oh, when display went blank I could still hear ATC and they could hear my transmissions.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk