Thread: CubCrafters Tops LSA Market

Default CubCrafters Tops LSA Market

General Aviation News reports that CubCrafters has become the number one seller of Light Sport Aircraft in USA: https://generalaviationnews.com/…/cubcrafters-tops-lsa-mar…/

Many may be surprised to learn that most of our sales are not, in fact, LSA. CubCrafters current mix includes 52.1% Part 23 Certified aircraft (XCub and Top Cub), 35.4% Experimental aircraft (Carbon Cub FX builder assist), and 12.5% LSA (Carbon Cub SS)... and those numbers don't include our kits!
    Last edited by John Whitish; 05-04-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Default Re: CubCrafters Tops LSA Market

Congratulations!

I apologize as I'm confused; are you saying that ~48% (100% of sales -52% certified) of the aircraft are Experimental and kits? Of that 48%; 45.8% are Experimental, 12.5% are LSA so roughly the balance (42%) are kits?

I'm building an EX-2 and if my math is wrong then I should question my ability to build the EX-2?

Anyway, this is just good news so congratulations again!
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Default Re: CubCrafters Tops LSA Market

Quote Originally Posted by aeroaddict View Post
    I apologize as I'm confused; are you saying that ~48% (100% of sales -52% certified) of the aircraft are Experimental and kits? Of that 48%; 45.8% are Experimental, 12.5% are LSA so roughly the balance (42%) are kits?
    First, I apologise! My initial figures were incorrect (I've corrected my original message).

No, almost 48% are Experimental and LSA (35.4% FX bullder assist plus 12.5% SS). Kits are not included in the numbers.
    Last edited by John Whitish; 05-04-2017 at 12:32 PM.