Thread: Checklist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Checklist

Anyone have something like this in a word, powerpoint or pdf file? Like to customize for my own use without recreating the wheel. Thanks!

Andrew

IMG_3605.jpg

Default Re: Checklist

I made the attached "miini" checklist to keep handy in my plane, it prints to about 3" x 4". I laminated it double sided, punched a small hole in the upper left and put them on a key ring to hang on my left window latch for easy access.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by jasimmons View Post
    Anyone have something like this in a word, powerpoint or pdf file? Like to customize for my own use without recreating the wheel. Thanks!

Andrew

IMG_3605.jpg
    I use CheckMate app (apple) from pre flight thru to shut down. Suits me as a late sexagenarian.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the PERFECT checklist. Call Zach in parts to order from CubCrafters.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Thanks all!

Andrew

Really! A checklist for a simple Cub?

Glenn

Whats wrong with a checklist?

He could be flying several different aircraft and not have been the last one to fly the aircraft. I think it is a prudent and safe thing to have the checklist handy and use it accordingly. It certainly isn't anyones place to chastise him for wanting a checklist!
    Mike Sasser
    Boomerang Air
    mike@boomerangair.net

OK,AR,TX,LA
    www.cubcrafters.com

Not criticizing anyone, your a pilot so be responsible and learn what is required for a safe flight and remember it. I know guys who jumped between 5 or 6 antique plane in less then 3 hours doing the shows at Rhinebeck. Planes that really had some strange quirks that would kill quickly. Some with 2 different control sticks that had to be controlled at the same time or 3 controls on the Curtiss Pusher one being the movable seatback that you leaned sideways in for roll control and a steering wheel for rudder and pitch. Many have ridden a motorcycle with the foot brake on the right and then jumped on their friends Triumph that has it on the left. Learn what it takes to do the job at hand safely. What are you going to do if you lose the checklist, not fly?
    I can see a checklist for the first couple of flights but let it help you put it to memory. Opinion

Glenn

PS. if you feel you need the list then use the list
    Last edited by Cubdriver2; 05-18-2017 at 07:47 AM.

The Checklist debate was settled in the 1930's when someone forgot the flight control lock on the prototype B17. In commercial aviation, Checklists are not just a good idea, they are the law. I am not sure anyone would get through an FAA check today without using some sort of list, possibly only CIGAR or GUMP would suffice but not worth taking the chance of getting a pink slip. It seems we lose people, not because of complex systems and procedures, but simple things. Taking off on an empty tank, controls obstructed, trim not set etc. are just some of the killers. A recent fatal accident in a Cub rebuild was the result of the elevators being hooked up backwards. Would a simple control check have save this pilot?

No doubt, the factory Checklists are FAA mandated and possibly a bit too long. A few years ago Boeing studied Checklist design and determined shorter was better and that critical items should be first in case the list is interrupted and not completed. A cockpit flow before start is also a good practice to catch the most important items. Certainly, we are free to jump in and go, but what about the passenger in the back, don't they deserve the higher level of safety that Checklists provide?

Pardon me if I am miss-quoting Bob Hoover, but I believe he said.

"A Cub is just fast enough to barely kill you."