Default Re: FX Typical Empty Weights?

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    Damn that things is pretty!! Why did I sell it to you again?🤔
    Why didn't you spring for larger tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    Why didn't you spring for larger tanks?
    Glenn
    75%of my flying is local. I generally have about 6-8gals on board I like to be light. Which is about 1/4-3/8 of a tank in the sight gauge. Translate that in to long range tanks shows about 1/8 or less in sight gauges. I have a problem leaving thinking I have 1/8 of a tank of fuel. Maybe I would get use to it but I doubt it. I've flown all over the country in these cubs I never felt or wished I had LR tanks. Im sure there are very good reasons and situations why people have them they just doesn't fit my mission for now. I think I would rather have a pod put fuel in there if needed.
    Chuck
    Chuck Kinberger
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    SWT Aviation
    Chuck@swtaviation.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    Glenn
    75%of my flying is local. I generally have about 6-8gals on board I like to be light. Which is about 1/4-3/8 of a tank in the sight gauge. Translate that in to long range tanks shows about 1/8 or less in sight gauges. I have a problem leaving thinking I have 1/8 of a tank of fuel. Maybe I would get use to it but I doubt it. I've flown all over the country in these cubs I never felt or wished I had LR tanks. Im sure there are very good reasons and situations why people have them they just doesn't fit my mission for now. I think I would rather have a pod put fuel in there if needed.
    Chuck
    Knowing you I pretty well knew it was not an oversight. Thought it would be of interest for myself and others to read your thoughts on the issue. My flights are often local but fuel can be spread out. I often start out heavy and at times wish I had larger tanks but the reality is I almost never need more than 15-18 gallons to fill the tanks.

VT Glenn

I fly a lot with a guy has FX with LR. and there always full! He says the only way you can have too much fuel is if your on fire😄
    Chuck Kinberger
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    SWT Aviation
    Chuck@swtaviation.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News