Default Re: FX Typical Empty Weights?

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    Damn that things is pretty!! Why did I sell it to you again?🤔
    Why didn't you spring for larger tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    Why didn't you spring for larger tanks?
    Glenn
    75%of my flying is local. I generally have about 6-8gals on board I like to be light. Which is about 1/4-3/8 of a tank in the sight gauge. Translate that in to long range tanks shows about 1/8 or less in sight gauges. I have a problem leaving thinking I have 1/8 of a tank of fuel. Maybe I would get use to it but I doubt it. I've flown all over the country in these cubs I never felt or wished I had LR tanks. Im sure there are very good reasons and situations why people have them they just doesn't fit my mission for now. I think I would rather have a pod put fuel in there if needed.
    Chuck
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    Glenn
    75%of my flying is local. I generally have about 6-8gals on board I like to be light. Which is about 1/4-3/8 of a tank in the sight gauge. Translate that in to long range tanks shows about 1/8 or less in sight gauges. I have a problem leaving thinking I have 1/8 of a tank of fuel. Maybe I would get use to it but I doubt it. I've flown all over the country in these cubs I never felt or wished I had LR tanks. Im sure there are very good reasons and situations why people have them they just doesn't fit my mission for now. I think I would rather have a pod put fuel in there if needed.
    Chuck
    Knowing you I pretty well knew it was not an oversight. Thought it would be of interest for myself and others to read your thoughts on the issue. My flights are often local but fuel can be spread out. I often start out heavy and at times wish I had larger tanks but the reality is I almost never need more than 15-18 gallons to fill the tanks.

VT Glenn

I fly a lot with a guy has FX with LR. and there always full! He says the only way you can have too much fuel is if your on fire😄
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Laid up recovering from a knee replacement - so will flying vicariously via the internet for a couple of months, DAME (Designated Aviation Medical Examiner - Aussie AME's) booked for 9:00am 3rd Oct.

Anyway to the point. Anyone have anymore info on the FX3 gross weight increase? CC didn't say much at Osh.

Do you pickup any useful load, or is it eaten up by the CSU,FI and wing and fuse upgrades?

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingskibiker View Post
    Yep seen that, gross weight not usable/useful load.

Q. Was how much of the 150 lbs "extra" is left after 340>360, Carb>FI, Fixed>CS and structure upgrades?

All the best. Peter E.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterEedy View Post
    Yep seen that, gross weight not usable/useful load.

Q. Was how much of the 150 lbs "extra" is left after 340>360, Carb>FI, Fixed>CS and structure upgrades?

All the best. Peter E.
    Right. That was the part of your question I was answering, gross weight increase.

I imagine the prop and related items can't be more than 20lbs. The injection etc. can't be all that much. 5lbs??? I am more interested in the performance increase myself...

Quote Originally Posted by flyingskibiker View Post
    Right. That was the part of your question I was answering, gross weight increase.

I imagine the prop and related items can't be more than 20lbs. The injection etc. can't be all that much. 5lbs??? I am more interested in the performance increase myself...
    Ditto on the performance increase - that cruise is impressive for a cub, wonder what the burn will be?

Being a big guy the useful load is up there on my wish list too. Some long legs between fuel downunder, you guys are spoilt, at least in the lower 48, I reckon AK is another matter altogether - hope to find out soon 😊

Also I can't think of a single FBO in AU. If we are lucky we a credit card swipe bowser, else "private" carnet bowsers. Or worst case have to buy a 200l drum and lose what don't use.

The flightchops review of the FX3 should be a good watch and may answer a few questions. October I think it's due out.

all the best. Peter E.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterEedy View Post
    Ditto on the performance increase - that cruise is impressive for a cub, wonder what the burn will be?

Being a big guy the useful load is up there on my wish list too. Some long legs between fuel downunder, you guys are spoilt, at least in the lower 48, I reckon AK is another matter altogether - hope to find out soon 😊

Also I can't think of a single FBO in AU. If we are lucky we a credit card swipe bowser, else "private" carnet bowsers. Or worst case have to buy a 200l drum and lose what don't use.

The flightchops review of the FX3 should be a good watch and may answer a few questions. October I think it's due out.

all the best. Peter E.
    I'm a big guy, too. My friends, as well. The useful load and the EX2 kit's performance is what attracted me. The kit itself, instructions, and support seem to be top notch, also. And it sounds like performance will only get better!

You are right about us having it relatively easy in the US. I guess you saw the belly tank they make for the CC? Takes away from the useful load. But will increase the legs...

Hope things work out for you!
    Chris B.