Thread: fuel bag

Default fuel bag

IMG_2278.jpg

I'm going to make another trip north this summer in my EX. When I went in 2015 the guys I flew with in Alaska all had fuel bags and suggested I bring what I had too. What I had was a single bag from Alaska Bushwheels that I'd bought when they were in Oregon.

I did a little online looking and found some from a place called T-Mart. They're a Chinese company and the product comes directly from China but shipping is pre-paid. In February I ordered one to see if the quality was OK. I pumped in 5 gallons of e-free 91 octane car gas and held the bag upside down for a week to see if it would leak. I figured car gas would be the best test. It looked fine after a week and I ordered two more. Their pricing bounces around a bit. The first one was about $55. A few weeks later when I wanted two more they were closer to $80. Who knows why?

They hold 20 litres or just over 5 gallons. When you're a long way out there and bush 100LL runs $20 a gallon these look pretty darn good sitting full on a gravel bar. And empty they take up very little room.

IMG_0107.jpg

My single Alaska Bushwheels bag sits leaning against the end on the log in 2015.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Default Re: fuel bag

Got a link?

Thanks
    Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.tmart.com/Portable-20L-So...n_p344083.html

[QUOTE=raisedbywolves;18561]Got a link?

Thanks
    Tom
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I see now they're $84. But I know from experience that if you start an order and at least get to the point of entering an email address and then don't follow through with placing an order, by the next day they will email you a special incentive discount to use if you go back and order.

image.jpg

I found the image of the upside down test.
    Last edited by Dan L; 04-06-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Wink Re: fuel bag

ORDER FROM OUR FRIENDS IN AK AND YOU WON'T GET ALL THAT FUNKY WHITE PAINT ON THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    ORDER FROM OUR FRIENDS IN AK AND YOU WON'T GET ALL THAT FUNKY WHITE PAINT ON THEM.
    When the big Bushwheels label peeled on my first bag it had the same Chinese lettering underneath.

I'm pretty sure these are made by the same Chinese factory. They seem identical.

They’re made to last IMO. I’ve had fuel sitting in them for months and knocked them around in the bush and brush and hangar and they show no signs of breaking down.

They’re no longer available direct from China. Airframes Alaska is the source.