IMG_2278.jpg

I'm going to make another trip north this summer in my EX. When I went in 2015 the guys I flew with in Alaska all had fuel bags and suggested I bring what I had too. What I had was a single bag from Alaska Bushwheels that I'd bought when they were in Oregon.

I did a little online looking and found some from a place called T-Mart. They're a Chinese company and the product comes directly from China but shipping is pre-paid. In February I ordered one to see if the quality was OK. I pumped in 5 gallons of e-free 91 octane car gas and held the bag upside down for a week to see if it would leak. I figured car gas would be the best test. It looked fine after a week and I ordered two more. Their pricing bounces around a bit. The first one was about $55. A few weeks later when I wanted two more they were closer to $80. Who knows why?

They hold 20 litres or just over 5 gallons. When you're a long way out there and bush 100LL runs $20 a gallon these look pretty darn good sitting full on a gravel bar. And empty they take up very little room.

IMG_0107.jpg

My single Alaska Bushwheels bag sits leaning against the end on the log in 2015.