Thread: RAF Membership

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default RAF Membership

I just spent the weekend at a regional Recreational Aviation Foundation seminar and WOW!!!! We all as backcountry enthusiast need to get behind this organization. Membership is free and they are doing great things to open and keep open some of our greatest treasures in the backcountry. In Arkansas alone the RAF group has been able to get over 100 backcountry strips opened up for access to the public.

Please take a minute and check out their page as well as join up while you are there.

Here is the link; http://theraf.org
    Mike Sasser
    Boomerang Air
    mike@boomerangair.net

OK,AR,TX,LA
    www.cubcrafters.com

Default Re: RAF Membership

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCubDriver View Post
    I just spent the weekend at a regional Recreational Aviation Foundation seminar and WOW!!!! We all as backcountry enthusiast need to get behind this organization. Membership is free and they are doing great things to open and keep open some of our greatest treasures in the backcountry. In Arkansas alone the RAF group has been able to get over 100 backcountry strips opened up for access to the public.

Please take a minute and check out their page as well as join up while you are there.

Here is the link; http://theraf.org
    I'll echo Mike's enthusiastic endorsement of RAF. John McKenna and his dedicated, nationwide group organize and manage projects as small as weekend maintenance on remote airstrips, and as large as spearheading legislation in state and federal government that protect airstrips for folks like us. CubCrafters has supported RAF for many years and we've witnessed their many successes.

Be sure to register for the RAF newsletter to stay abreast of current issues and work parties in your area.