Thread: EAA Arlington fly in

Default EAA Arlington fly in

I am considering on flying to the Arlington event and camping under the wing. Does anyone have experience and/or useful tips for attending the fly in? Any other Cub Crafter flyers planning on attending?

Default Re: EAA Arlington fly in

The Arlington fly-in has been our family vacation for about 15 years in a row. We've always driven, or driven and flown during years where I had a flyable aircraft (I pack up the SUV for the wife and she drives while I fly), and camped in the main camping area. Since our youngest is now grown and gone this year will be the first time we won't be there camping, tough I'll be there working. It's a great time and great environment; small enough to be friendly and comfortable, large enough to be interesting. Camping under your wing is no problem, there is breakfast/lunch/dinner food service, plenty of plastic rest rooms, and showers on site.

Be sure and read/understand the NOTAM and please COMPLY with the procedures. It's very annoying to the other aircraft traffic when someone isn't with the program.

Enjoy it!
    Randy Lervold