Thread: New Guinness Short Take Off & Landing Record Attempt

Default New Guinness Short Take Off & Landing Record Attempt

CubCrafters' dealer in Florida, Chuck Kinberger, attempted to set a new Guinness Short Take Off & Landing record in his Carbon Cub on March 5, 2017. The previous Guinness record was 180 ft. combined take off and landing roll, and Chuck's attempt totaled 83 ft. (32' take off, 51' landing). The results have been sent to Guinness for verification, but presuming they stand, Chuck will hold the new record. You can read the story reported by the Friends of Arcadia Airport newsletter here.
    "I'm sure I could have made a couple more runs and gotten into the 60' range," Chuck said after his attempt, "but it was my intent to make this a beatable record so our community would have something to go after and have fun with. We agreed to stick with the 83' result for that reason. It was blowing 15-20 mph, and density altitude was 1,500 ft.

"I looked up last year's Valdez LSA results of 103', so I wanted to make sure I beat it. Those were highly modified airplanes at Valdez. Mine is stock. Also, I wasn't allowed to drag the Tailwheel as Guiness required me to measure from the first wheel to touch."

Congratulations Chuck!

Default Re: New Guinness Short Take Off & Landing Record Attempt

Sweet! Congratulation,
    VT Glenn

Default Re: New Guinness Short Take Off & Landing Record Attempt

So rad! Congrats Chuck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben Hodges
    California Cubs
    www.californiacubs.com