David

You have not gotten a response. I hesitate to do so because I am certainly NOT an expert, .....but.......that disclaimer posted.......I think you might be over floated with 21xx floats with a GW of 1850. The problem with over floating in this case is weight. The problem with that is, the smaller and lighter the aircraft, the more impact the extra weight has. 100 extra pounds on C-185 or Beaver will not be nearly as noticeable as the same 100 pounds on a Light Sport Acft. At 1850 you are kinda in the middle ground. Too heavy for the Aerocett 1500, but to light for the extra weight of the 21xx floats by Wip, Edo, Claymar, Montana, etc.
It is VERY easy to get heavy when on amphibs, 2 people, fuel, and camping gear. Plus you must carry extra rope, float bumpers, paddle, pump, etc and all the other stuff that goes with float flying. It adds up in a heartbeat. If you go with Claymars what will be your useful load? And can you honestly live with that? Most pilots, and most folks (passengers) don't weigh 150 pounds. Be really honest with yourself here. What is your mission? Will you be truly happy with just local splash and goes? Or are you thinking Alaska adventuring?

Hope this helps

Bill